Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Enterprise to New York April 23rd, 2012

So......it looks like we're still in the dark until tomorrow morning when they look at the forecast again...
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Does anyone know if this flight plan is true to what will happen? I'm most interested in the approach from North to South before lining up with Rwy 31L.

If this happens the route will fly directly over Nassau Colliseum and my office! I will have a front row seat from RXR Plaza!
    You will have a nice view the only thing that can foul you up is the smoke plumes that come out of the COVANTA incinerator. They are located right next door to Nick Falzone and the crew at N90.

I'm thinking about planting myself somewhere near the Eisenhower Park Special Activities Building or the parking lot across the street as I have been shut out at KJFK.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    On nasa's website...wx permitting its Wednesday!

Word on the street is the Wednesday is now official...

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    Word on the street is the Wednesday is now official...
    Well, the word from NASA is that Wednesday is official...but again, it all depends on the weather. Today was official at one point too...

Intrepid just confirmed that the ceremony will indeed take place Wednesday....
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Wednesday still tentative. NASA will hold another weather briefing tomorrow morning.

WASHINGTON --NASA managers, in coordination with Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum officials, tentatively selected Wednesday, April 25 as the date to ferry space shuttle Enterprise from Washington’s Dulles International Airport to New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The decision was made at the conclusion of the Enterprise Ferry Flight Readiness Review (FRR) and is dependent on the outcome of a weather briefing Tuesday morning.

A large region of low pressure dominating the east coast has made it difficult to reliably predict an acceptable day for the flight.
    No rain or wind problems currently expected Wednesday, but mostly cloudy to overcast conditions could mess things up if the clouds get too low.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I just wish they'd tell me which runway they will use at Dulles so that I can get set up to watch her leave :)

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Of course, the bubble wrap on the shuttle will protect it...
    That's the thing about water...it always wins. So does gravity. So, if you drop something heavy on something hard, it breaks. :D

shucks...if it's wednesday or thursday i'm toast =(
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Got this pic from my sister-in-law today. Her boss's daughter friend took this while she was taxiing around Dulles this morning.

Hello,

So, if the North proposal/plan would happen, is it true that JFK would only get the landing, no fly by? In the first post with the plan it mentions JFK getting both flyby and landing no matter what, is that not happening now?

Thanks

Great image gpalz for your sister-in-law.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

So is 31L set in stone? If the sun happens to be out the lighting will not be good in that case, nearly directly tail-on between 10 and 11. 22L lighting would be MUCH better that time of day. Perhaps some good cloud cover would be of benefit if they use the 31s.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Hello,

So, if the North proposal/plan would happen, is it true that JFK would only get the landing, no fly by? In the first post with the plan it mentions JFK getting both flyby and landing no matter what, is that not happening now?

Thanks
    It shows a JFK flyby on the map as well. Hmm.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9