Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: JFK 3/4/12

Program Coordinator
    Nice stuff guys!

I second Manny - I may not have gotten that much stuff but it was so good to put faces to names and meet folks finally.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu
    Poor Weather
    If you see this man lock him in a terminal bathroom immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu
    and Nick was also MIA... had the weather been sunny and clear, it could have been even more epic :)
    I would have got out early but when I got up and saw that sky I bagged it. I needed to get a ton of work done for meetings Tues and Thur and still be able to get to FRG for the Fighter departure late afternoon. Then to make it worse I got a heads up Illinois One was inbound. I figured with that crappy sky I would roll the dice with the sun coming out with a commercial special I need instead of military. Well Whitebird had the last laugh. I am going to send him evil texts all day tomorrow. Here she is nice and dark. Epic fail. Oh well it's a long year I am sure we will get more chances.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Light today was pure mud in the morning, especially on the "correct side" of the light lol

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Program Coordinator
    Stuck in LA...shame...thinking you guys while I was there...

This one's for Kenny, who I learned has a passion for the A380, and for Mike - I think I found the Uzbek...

I think I see Sam Chui taking a picture of that Whalejet!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The weather and light may have been terrible, but I that was one of the best spotting trips I have made to JFK so far. I definitely had a blast hanging out with you guys all day and finally meeting some familiar names but new faces. Phil, Jeremy, Marios, Dennis, and Jason it was great to finally meet you guys. Jeremy, something tells me you enjoyed your 4 hour delay in JFK, and I hope you hada safe trip back home.

I didn't get home til late last night, so i will try and get some photos edited after work today and post them up later on.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Great to meet and put some faces to names, even though it was brief.

Funny but driving up the parking garage w my kids in the car brought back great flashbacks of spotting in the 80s

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    It was so great to be out and see everyone again and Jeremy it was awesome to finally meet you. Next time out we'll arrange for better wx!

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    It was so great to be out and see everyone again and Jeremy it was awesome to finally meet you. Next time out we'll arrange for better wx!
    Hopefully you manage to drag your A380 loving a@@ out more often! Plan on heading out again in 3 weeks. Then again, maybe I should stay away so that way you guys can have some sunshine.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Hopefully you manage to drag your A380 loving a@@ out more often! Plan on heading out again in 3 weeks. Then again, maybe I should stay away so that way you guys can have some sunshine.
    Oh No Steve no!

Those delicious but evil little sausage breakfast sandwiches are the reason I have to take Zocor now.

A few shots from yesterday morning while I was standing there with Manny at Bayswater. Taken with a 6mp D40 I was going to be using for a family event later in the day. I cannot believe I hadn't gone there before. Sorry I missed the crowd of people that seemed to have shown up- I spent a few minutes at Bay Harbour Mall and got 'Signatures', then went to Inwood where I didn't see anyone.

Finally got some photos edited.

After spending a few hours at HoBe trying to figure out what this guy was, it was nice to finally find out.

Finally got her. The light wasn't the greatest, but it works for now.

I found out at HoBe just how many shots I can rip off by setting the 50D to high speed mode and using the 6fps. I can only imagine what Manny's 11fps is like. These are a few of the shots in the 81 shot series I ripped off of the China Eastern departure from HoBe.

Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Nice shots Steve! It may have been pretty dead while we were out at HoBe, but those couple of shots make it worth it.

Thanks! And you are very right about the couple shots making the dead traffic worth sticking around for. After we headed out I went down the road to 7-11 and got a coffee and saw the sunlight and headed back to HoBe on a hunch. The light couldn't have been more perfect, but unfortunately all the departures went off of 22R and 31L was quiet. What a waste of perfect light.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Yea, it was a nice sunny drive home. Let me know the next time you head out there, I want a re-match against the sun.