Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK's Rwy 22L on local news

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I must say, I live under one of the approaches and departures for KLGA and there are times when I swear the plane will land in my living room.
    Funny you say that, when I lived in the Bronx in Throggs Neck, I had the flightpath right there for 22. I did much shooting from there especialy from Soundview by Leland Avenue by the bikeway..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

I happen to live under the 22R approach. I don't find it that bothersome, but the only time I get a little nervous is at night when the weather is bad with a low cloud ceiling. You can't see the planes, but they sound lower and the engines become louder as if the pilots are throttling the engines for more power. It can be a little frightening where you almost think the worst is about to happen.

George

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I must say, I live under one of the approaches and departures for KLGA and there are times when I swear the plane will land in my living room. Not really disturbing, just noticeable. I can understand especially those who live in those houses around Brookville and The Mounds.

But, as Nick said, why buy there after seeing just ONE 777-300 100-200 feet above your house? If you can't afford anything else, well, that's just luck of the draw but I think there are MANY MANY choices
    No kidding, when I land on runway 4 in LGA I always feel like I'm landing in the parking lot of the Comfort Inn.

I completely would love to live there ... not only the views and noise but the smell of Av-gas. I guess that is what makes us who are.