Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brief encounter: The Mounds

Brief encounter: The Mounds

Greetings,

I had a brief encounter with law enforcement this evening at The Mounds. NYPD came over to ask what we were doing over there. I explained them we were planespotting (watching planes taking off from JFK). One of them asked if that was for hobbie to which I replied affirmative. Then they asked for an I.D. and that was about it. Very nice and professional NYPD officers.

My first encounter with law enforcement, greatfully not a bad one.

Anyone has had a encounter at the same or any other location? Could you please share it? I would love to know about it.

Best regards,

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Myself, Eric and Dennis had a similar encounter couple weeks ago. With the fire and venturing out from the hill we are much more visible to people. Not a surprise. When we got back to the cars I whipped out my ID (sorry Manny) and they asked the same stuff and were on their way. In fact one of the was a hottie cop!
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2012-02-20 at 11:36 PM.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Myself, Eric and Dennis had a similar encounter couple weeks ago. With the fire and venturing out from the hill we are much more visible to people. Not a surprise. When we got back to the cars I whipped out my ID (sorry Manny) and they asked the same stuff and were on there way. In fact one of the was a hottie cop!
    right about the hottie cop, I told Manny I wanted to take her picture. :)
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Damn, Nick, did I get that deep under your skin? Sorry you;re not sleeping well thinking about me man... it is actually flattering I made such an impression on you! You are also still wrong and still trying to make something out of nothing. Once again, I never said I do not or have not shown ID at any time... I know you must hate being wrong, but indeed you're wrong.

So, let me know what I can do to help you forget about me so you can back to your much more exciting life
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Damn, Nick, did I get that deep under your skin? Sorry you;re not sleeping well thinking about me man... it is actually flattering I made such an impression on you! You are also still wrong and still trying to make something out of nothing. Once again, I never said I do not or have not shown ID at any time... I know you must hate being wrong, but indeed you're wrong.

So, let me know what I can do to help you forget about me so you can back to your much more exciting life
    It was a joke Manny. Stop going to Starbucks!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    It was a joke Manny. Stop going to Starbucks!
    Oh no you don't... C'mon admit it, you can't stop thinking about me ... ROTFL! It has been what, like a year since we had our "discussion" on the PM thread? I dropped it so long ago... but you keep it fresh... I love you man, really. But, you need to step out from behind the curtains and into the spotlight and Run for President! Or at least Governor of NJ... no?
    Manny Gonzalez

Oh no you don't... C'mon admit it, you can't stop thinking about me ... ROTFL! It has been what, like a year since we had our "discussion" on the PM thread? I dropped it so long ago... but you keep it fresh... I love you man, really. But, you need to step out from behind the curtains and into the spotlight and Run for President! Or at least Governor of NJ... no?
    NJ? Nahh. Good one on the Mocek thread. I didn't figure it out at first but then realized I don't even know you for a year. PM was a pioneer, hence my signature.
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2012-02-21 at 12:52 AM.

Glad to know not the only one.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Mirrodie senses a new bromance emerging

Mario, I would need my eyes checked
    Manny Gonzalez

Mario, I would need my eyes checked
    You're in luck, we have someone who can do that for you...

Speaking of Mocek I found this gem. Made me LOL. The ending where he is getting dragged and his hippy pals are chanting made me LOL.

The one thing about that is the EXCELLENT video work... Wow!

Nick, how do you know his friends are his friends and that they are hippies? You sure are intuitive... :-)
    Manny Gonzalez

The one thing about that is the EXCELLENT video work... Wow!

Nick, how do you know his friends are his friends and that they are hippies? You sure are intuitive... :-)
    The officer that cuffed him looked like a cutey cop too! As for hippies, it's a canabis rally! Hey wait a tick I want drugs legalized, I am a hippie!