It gives me great pleasure to announce..... Click Here for the Teaser

Link to the History Under the Starts 2011 Thread
    Link to the 2010 Thread

Winners from last year are
    Mark Szemberski
    Cary Liao
    Issac Lebowitz
    and do not have to apply

If you have attended in the past and have some time, please post a few of your photos for others to see
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Some I took last year

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Can't wait! Too bad the Golden Knights don't bring their Twin Otters around here. That would be a dream.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Nice!.. You think i have a chance to go there? I don't think that they let me as an exchange student in or?...

Some from this past year. This is always a super amazing and fun opportunity for those who get a chance to participate!

Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWaviation View Post
    Nice!.. You think i have a chance to go there? I don't think that they let me as an exchange student in or?...
    Shouldn't make a difference - just make sure you have ID. The bigger issue is submitting some of your work. Given how competitive it is to be selected, we do need to see some of your night work.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I started this 5 years ago with the help of the American Airpower museum to get photographers in the area the same access I get during the best time of the year, Airshow. I it designed to help the Photographers and with the shots being posted on the internet will help "spread the good word".'

It is a lot of work for the staff at the AAM during the busiest day of their year and asking them to stay late is alot on them, but it seems to be working really well. I have to decline as many people as I invite but I am always trying to get people who have not attended in. There is usually 6 people returning from the previous year and 6 new Photographers every year.

The 6 people re-invited are based on
    1. Pictures itself (quality-and compostion)
    2. Posting of images (Magazines, forums, personal websites and elsewhere)

Do you think they could make exception for me?.. i have maybe 1 good night photo and this would be a good chance.. its my first time here and i don't think i can come back just for this event later.. :(

all approvals will be done thru the process only. I do my best not to play favorites and do what I can to ensure that people who have not attended have a chance. No I can not make an exception for you as I could not make an exception for the N.Y. Times Photographer that asked last minute last year. You will be amazed how many people ask me airshow weekend, we would have 200 people if everyone was ok'ed.

The people helping with the museum are doing it for free and are staying late on the busiest weekend, on the busiest day. There will be no late entry's allowed. I have to keep this fair. Sorry
    Last edited by Derf; 2012-02-17 at 05:25 PM.

Always an outstanding night with great group of people. From 2011

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Fred, say we do get a chance to take part in this awesome experience, what is the time frame that we would be able to be on the ramp?

That would be 6-10pm. They are usually finishing up the AAM Party around 7 and it starts to get quiet around 8-8:30pm....before that it is Crazy, as there are allot of people by the AAM for the party.... it is very rewarding Photography if you can are good with rapidly changing lighting conditions. At the end of the party they have a dusk flyby where shots like these will be possible.

Last edited by Derf; 2012-02-19 at 02:04 PM.

Three of mine from last year

and one from the prior year