Thread: DFW-2011 Assortment

DFW-2011 Assortment

Thought I'd post some of the catch from DFW last year. It really is a great airport to shoot at-if you can get over the MD-80 parties, as 10 of them land in a row, in front of your lens.

Obligatory MD-80 shots

Summer evenings offer killer light at Founder's Plaza

Winter is more challenging, but still more than doable.

This shot was months in the making. It took the right combo of delayed departure, favorable weather, and fast driving to make it happen :)

Believe it or not, I hadn't shot a non-government 747 before this July (this was it)

This shot was what got me thinking about posting some DFW stuff today. I learned that this bird, the only passenger DC-10 I ever shot, was scrapped. With the DC-10 being by far my favorite widebody airliner (parents both worked for McDonnell Douglas), its sad to think I'll likely never see another non-cargo DC-10. Here she is, bathed in some gorgeous Texas sun.

Hope you enjoyed!

Nick
    Last edited by NickPeterman; 2012-02-14 at 11:41 PM.

Nick, that was a killer set! Nothing wrong with some AA Mad Dogs! In fact, I wish we got more of those here in the northeast. I think the only place in the northeast you can see those is at LGA in AA colors. This set definitely made me want to got to Dallas sometime this (late) spring - summer.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thanks Steve! (by the way, the duplicate CRJ photo was supposed to be a BAW 747-400 that I am too lazy to go find again at the moment). I love the DC-9/MD-10/MD-90/MD-95 (sorry Boeing fans) family, so DFW is a perfect match for me. Just found out my trip to go spotting at KMIA has been replaced by KATL, the only good news in that is I get to finally bag a DC-9 in non-military service.

DFW, and surprisingly Fort Worth Alliance (probably post those tomorrow), are excellent places to see some good AA action. We also get KAL, EK, DLH, KLM (seasonal) among others. Cargo action is solid, if not consistent. With Singapore, Air China, China Air Cargo (or whatever the China Eastern looking 747ERF's airline is called), Korean Air Cargo, Lufthansa Air Cargo, Eva Air, Cathay (but at midnight) and the usual UPS and FedEx. Daytime UPS 747s are not unheard of.