Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Images from the JFK Pan Am Terminal

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

So sad. Paved paradise to put up a parking lot.

I saw that the other night.. That made me wanna cry.. farewell Pan Am Worldport
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

I spotted and traded on the roof-top from '78-'83. Who else was there around that period? Most of my excursions took place on Saturdays and Sundays.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

No, my friend. The turnstile and the viewing platform you remember was at the old IAB, not the PanAm Roof. They charged only 1 dime and is was at at a bad location. All I ever saw there was the Lufthansa fleet; nothing else. I never returned.

I must have seen Idlewild there many times. Those are the same years I went. Originally, I went to view the AFR Concorde only but then got swept-up with the other aircraft. The Roof was paradise to me and my friends. I wanted my ashes scattered on the Roof as my final resting place. I even dragged my sister who I got interested in planes. She still speaks of seeing the old Saudia B747-SP with the dark green tail. I went every Sat. & Sun. as well rain or shine, snow or sun. I had a scanner and a long zoom lens at the time. No guards ever bothered us. After the terrible Lockerbie bombing, it was over. They put-up a 3-tiered barbed wire fence so it was impossible to take photos. One of my students' dad was on PanAm 103 sadly enough as I was a teacher at the time. I comforted him by giving him a photo I took of Clipper Maid of the Seas as a gift to keep. I have albums of photos I took by the truckloads.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2013-08-10 at 01:20 PM.