Thread: IAD-Misc. Dates

IAD-Misc. Dates

Finally finished getting through my backlog of shots, which had gotten quite extensive between JFK, IAH, IAD, DFW, and PHX to get edited. Having finished the IAD, I figured I may as well share, and see if I couldn't get some feedback/criticism from y'all.

Hope you enjoy,

Nick

Normally the 777s are good for a long landing on 1C, and a nice head on shot, with engine faces all illuminated.

Autumn mornings make for a nice splash of color on 19C

There aren't too many aircraft left still sporting the Battleship Grey

Nick......nice variety, awesome light. My favorites have to be the AeroSur (kind of reminds me of Charlie the Tuna), the Kuwait 747, and the Ethiopian. Looking forward to your other images.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Nick, you said that you wanted some feedback/CC, so here goes.....

All your images look good. Composition looks great on the ground shots. If I had to give you any CC on these it would be only two things. Nothing too serious. The Korean T7 and the Aerosur look a little bit unlevel. And a few look as though they may have been oversharpened (but that could just be my monitor). Keep up the good work Nick!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thanks Steve and Mark!

Steve, you hit on the most frustrating aspect of ground shooting at IAD-The treeline slopes. I have found I can have the ground be "truly" level, or the plane look level, but sadly not both. I vacillate between which is the lesser of the two evils. Of course, certain photo sites (not naming names) have opinions on these matters.

Mark, Ethiopian is thankfully a regular occurrence at IAD, although it always picks the runway I am not at. I am unsure if Aerosur still comes in or not. It was a Thursday & Sunday flight when it did I believe. Sadly that was the mother of all rainy days. A few other spotters came out for Sharko, but left right afterwards. I toughed it out, and was treated to the below posted visitor :)

I'll probably share some more TJSJ stuff in the thread I posted last week, and see about getting to the rest.