Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Plane Spotter's Journal - My first book!

A Plane Spotter's Journal - My first book!

Hey guys!
    I just started my KickStarter project and am trying to spread the word! I am a 16 year old from Dallas and I am trying to get my first book published! It is filled with pictures of planes from 172s coming out of F46 (Rockwall Municipal Airport) to 747s coming out of KBOS. I have been taking photos for a while and am excited to hopefully get it launched. You can donate any amount of money to my project but the more you donate the better things you get in return! Since this is a site built for aviation enthusiats and plane spotters I think that everyone would find it to be awesome! Any amount of money will help but my goal is $5,000 and if I don't get there then I don't get anything! Please, if you can, donate some money, but I understand if you can't! Help me spread the word if you will! Here is the link - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...otters-journal.
    Thanks,
    Logan

So the money you're asking for is so you can fly in a plane and take photos to illustrate a book? Am I getting this correct?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Almost! I already have my photos for the book and it is already built and ready to be printed. They are all taken with a Sony DSLR too. But what I want to do with the money I get from the project is to go flying and do aerial photos.

I am a plane spotter just like you guys but I am living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area!

Program Coordinator
    So your plan is to use the book sales in order to fund future projects like aerial photography?

Yes exactly and go plane spotting! But I won't get any money unless my goal of $5,000 is met! Also you won't be charged any money until March 12th if and only if the goal is met

Program Coordinator
    What is the long-term goal from this?

My ultimate goal to be able to start flying and take more photos to add to my portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by nagol2013 View Post
    My ultimate goal to be able to start flying and take more photos to add to my portfolio.
    So you want US to fund your hobby? Really? SMH...

I understand this is a young spotter.........but what the heck, I'm looking to acquire a 500mm lens in order to enhance my spotting hobby as well. Contributions are welcomed as well. I really hope you achieve your goal of $5,000. I have a suggestion........have a yard or garage sale. You'll be surprised what some folks will buy.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I am not asking for all of your money guys. I understand if you don't want to donate. Obviously I am trying to raise money for my hobby but what is the difference between this and a yard-sale? It is not like you don't get anything in return for donations...

Kickstarter is a great site for entrepreneurs but not for what your doing. You don't need $5000 to publish a book. There are so many free ways to do this now.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I don't need the money to publish it. I need it for my next project.

Hi Logan, here is some advise. Find yourself a worthwhile project, not a way to get money for a hobby which is what you're essentially doing. Also, instead of jumping right in here, you should spend a little more time hanging out and learning our ways, our personalities, getting acquainted... what you have done is no more elegant that standing in a street corner dressed in a suit asking for money to buy a suit!

Perhaps you will have a better time asking for donations or investment from your family and very very very close friends, those friends that would not laugh at you when you ask them.

Personally, count me out and I will encourage everyone in my circle to actually not contribute either. Actually, your post was quite insulting to me.
    Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Thread has potential to be most epic of all time. Popcorn.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol