Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Plane Spotter's Journal - My first book!

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I agree, post some of your work. With the lineup of photographers here, it could always improve. I find myself jaw dropped every week by my friends on this site work and it will only make you a stronger photographer. P.S. New Yorkers are usually a tough crowd... If you post a shot that needs work, we will tell you. In the end, we are all here for the love of aviation and to grow from each other. Many take good photos and we learn lots from each other.

Texas huh? We had better see some B-25 shots from you down the road!

And don't mind Moose, he is still bitter that his beloved Thunderbirds flew the coupe to Turkey last year. It sucks for him that the Blue Angels CRANK and the thunder chickens YANK!
    Thunder Chickens! I love it

One Saturday afternoon in the summer of 1985 or 86, I was on Rockaway Beach with my father and brother, when the 'Chickens' did a single flyby of the beach. I'll never forget what it was like seeing them streak by in formation and hearing the noise of their engines, I was left speechless. Before that I had only seen film of them, seeing it live as a kid was incredible even though they weren't doing a show. What a great memory, like getting just a sip of fine whiskey. Ahhhhh.....

The raw power of any jet is enough to stop any child and any of us on the site. I am not saying I would not mind seeing them.... I am just sayin NAVY BABY!!! The Thunderchikens need the arrestor cable for be allowed at KFRG. The Blues get it just to make them feel at home! You never see a F-15 or 16 land ad KFRG unless an emergency or they have to have an arrestor cable streched. F-18's NO PROBLEM!

I love all military hardware regardless of backbone or not.

There is one issue about this thread that I do not like....IT LACKS PICTURES
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Arrestor cables... arrestor cables....

You haven't used an arrestor cable unless you used one in a landing 737-700. Turkish has applied hooks to the entire fleet for those short field landings....

Kidding of course, we were taking off from Konya, home of the Turkish Stars.

AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

Haha, you had me going there for a second, I was like "whaaaaaaa...?"