Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Plane Spotter's Journal - My first book!

Maybe it should be locked before it gets to that point?

I actually thought this was one of those elaborate Nigerian scams.

Hey, at least he likes airplanes, right? Wish I would have started taking pictures at his age, I'd have a hell of a lot more 707's in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by NickPeterman View Post
    Maybe it should be locked before it gets to that point?
    Locked? I'm surprised it hasn't been deleted

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Manny if he lets you donate without disclosing your Identity you are all set!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Do I get the sense Logan will not be posting anymore? Perhaps this could be a good lesson in life. Logan, don't be led away by my stern comments... do post back and learn why your post is inappropriate in many ways...

--First of all, it is impolite to barge into a room and start making demands. In any social situation, that is considered impolite.
    --It is not very good protocol to walk up to a group of strangers and ask for money. Try that in the real world. Always imagine yourself in any situation on The Internet to a real world social situation. However you would act in real life, in person, you should apply and adapt to on-line situations and apply proper etiquette, or as it is better known, netiquette

William, I seek your professional advice and help here now :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Locked? I'm surprised it hasn't been deleted
    I thought Phil was heading that way. Anyway I was torn between donating to this guy or Phil Mokek.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post

Manny if he lets you donate without disclosing your Identity you are all set!
    Nick, you noticed how he was able to do this BECAUSE he was asked to identify himself or herself (apologies for not guessing the gender correctly) Had this been an anonymous forum, where a person had the potential of getting properly flamed, they may have thought twice about it. I like the fact that peopl don;t have a clue who I am or that I don't know who anyone else is in certain situations... it keeps folks guessing and wondering about the consequences if they decide to test my identity. It sure helps me NOT test the identity of someone like "The Hammer" Mark Coleman!
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I thought Phil was heading that way. Anyway I was torn between donating to this guy or Phil Mokek.
    Gerard, you complain about that subject getting old but you sure as hell keep trying to bring it back up huh? You're a real piece of work!
    Manny Gonzalez

FYI - at the age of 16 I was busting my chops working, and not asking anyone for a handout. My other recommendation, is find yourself a rich girlfriend
    Last edited by Zee71; 2012-02-06 at 11:57 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu
    Always imagine yourself in any situation on The Internet to a real world social situation.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Damn Nick, there is a real hidden agenda in your message... I wish you would tell us what you rally think! ROTFL!
    Manny Gonzalez

I admire what you are trying to do. In life, your family will always support you and those who do not know you will want to see the return they will get for their investment. People will look at donating to you up against say the Wounded Warrior team where their money would go to people who served this country and are going thru a rough time, they will donate to people who are homeless to get a meal, They will donate to those who are in need. Nobody wants to purchase a book of a few cessna's and 747 as they can go on airliners.net and look thru the best of what aviation photographers have to offer. Today you have to have a niche and even then it is hard to sell a book. I am not saying it can not be done, but saying it is not practical. You need to understand that after years of taking some incredible subject matters, those on this forum have a lot of harsh words for you....DO NOT SHUT DOWN AND LET YOUR ANGER BLIND THESE POSTS.

If you want to succeed in what you are doing

1. Make friends at you local airport
    2. Make a book for the airport without thought of profit
    3. Love Aviation and all of those around you who love aviation
    4. Enjoy your hobby
    5. Learn from those around you and keep taking pictures

You will assemble images that touch the imagination of others and make you yearn to dream to hear the next radial engine or thrust vectoring fuel to noise converter you hear...And in the end you probably will never recover the expense that you put into your passion, but you will have satisfied your soul. Dream Big, do not let others squash your dream, But understand what those around you are saying as only this is going to help you to understand what most are thinking. The forum members here all feel the same way you do, we have been where you are now, We understand. Take the emotion out of yourself when you read these posts. There is lots of good info here.

I too take lots of aviation photographs and do not see any profit

With a pretty good lineup of images, it is still hard to make a buck. With 172's and 747's it is even harder. Please understand...Lots a posts are worded strongly, please understand that what you want to do has been tried many times. You are going to need to stand up and do this on your own for yourself in the end. Asking for money will not work and while those whom know you will believe that you are capable of great things. Only you will prove them right or wrong....

So Kid, SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT! Stand up after your smacked down and Keep Standing Up.

This is a tough crowd...You going away or are you going to stand up, ask advise, re-asses and learn from others who have walked in the shoes you now think of as your own.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Damn Nick, there is a real hidden agenda in your message... I wish you would tell us what you rally think! ROTFL!

I only want to be friends
    Manny Gonzalez