Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix area spotting trip (Image Heavy!)

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

My Homepage: www.airliners-spotting.weebly.com (in german only)

Wow Great Shots!!!

I was in Phoenix Jan 26-29th, just missed you by a week!

I did some spotting but nothing like yours!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Steve! You're a madman! Totally awesome. Looks like one of the Grummans that used to belong to Chalks before they got their ops certificate revoked after their crash.

And that first Harrier shot should be sold as a poster

Thank you so much for the compliments guys! You have no idea how much they mean to me. I told myself I am taking my photography very seriously this year and to see the comments that you guys have replied with makes me feel that I am accomplishing what I wanted to this year.

@Manny - You are too kind sir! Not to take away from what anyone else said, but your comment definitely stands out for me. Especially since when I left for PHX, I told myself that this is where I start to get serious.

Here are a few more shots for you guys to enjoy. This first group is from MEsa-Falcon Field again. I saw a two Lockheed PV-2 Harpoons sitting behind a fence. I was about to knock on the door of a business that was next to them to find out who owned them when a gentleman stepped outside to leave. I asked him if he knew about the Lockheeds on the other side of the building and if the business he came from owned them. He told me yes and that if I wanted to take a few pictures that I could follow behind him in my vehicle and drive out to them. The gentleman's name was Bob and he said it was my lucky day because he just happened to be the owner of the plane. I walked around it with him and snapped what pictures I could (given the amount of space I had) while he told me about the plane and what he was doing to it.

The markings B L K on the side were chosen by Bob when he painted the aircraft. The letters stand for the first initial of his name, his wife's name, and his oldest daughter's name.

This was the second Harpoon which is owned by someone else.

And a few more from PHX. Not only was I able to get both the AZ and NV state flag schemes for USAirways......I was able to get them in the same frame.

A little Mad dog wing flex on departure

Another night shot
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Outstanding work, Steve! Really first rate!

Steve, these are just completely over the top! I gotta figure out how to get out there, I didn't realize there was a good vantage point for night work there. Way to go!

Stev you dog, you deserve it! WELL DONE!! I mean, you even added more insult to injury by posting even more great stuff... I mean lighting, exposure, clarity... WTF? Where was this photographer hiding? LOL. As has been said; First Rate!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Moose, John......Thank you very much! John - At PHX, both T3 and T4 garages are great places to do night time photographs. T4 can be a little tricky and you'll get a lot of shots from behind unless you go for shots while they are at the gate. If you move to the south side of T4 garage you can get shots if you time it right of planes waiting to taxi onto 25R. At T3, you can get the AA planes that are put on hardstand over night. And if you have a long lens and a steady tripod, you can even try for a shot of the ANG KC135s parked south of the runways. I tried, but there was too much distance for my cheap tripod.

Manny - I definitely appreciate your very very very kind words. As for where this has been hiding......I have had many photographers on here that are better than I give me some very good advice since joining the forum. I combined all those lessons with the desire to take this VERY seriously this year and kick it up a notch. I look forward to keep on learning from everybody on here and keep the quality going in a positive direction. Again, a VERY VERY big THANK YOU!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

dude.....i don't even know where to begin...this is just eye candy to the max...i can't believe the catches and the phenomenal light, not to mention you got all of these in a couple short days. Just don't tell me you got the Honeywell test-bed 757 while you were there...I'd cry.

Access was phenomenal, and the catches are freaking sensational!!!!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Thanks very much Mike. Couple short days?? Try day-and-a-half. Actually day and three hours. Lol. All the PHX shots were in one day. The other shots were friday afternoon after I arrived and before heading to dinner and the hotel.

Oh, forgot about this one. Thought we were going to get front row seats for a missed approach, but we were wrong. This guy was set down with less than 4700' of runway left.

Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Loving this batch even more man ! Again congrats on these shots .. Great job
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Just found a shot of the 700oth Airbus

Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Awesome sets!! Phoenix is a target right environment. Makes me really look forward to my spring break trip in a month.
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

FANTASTIC!!!!
    The shots you can under the desert sun with it's bright light tend to turn out good...actually FANTASTIC.
    The American MD-80 shot must be my favorite, and the Southwest night shot is also stunning!

Great Set Steve!
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA