Thread: Pictures from Cologne/Bonn - CGN, Germany

Pictures from Cologne/Bonn - CGN, Germany

Hi everyone! My name is Lukas, I am 15 years old, and I am the next new member from Germany, and I thought it could be interesting for you if I share my spottingpics with you! (Please excuse me if my English isn't perfect..)
    In this thread i will show you some pics I took at my homeairport CGN in 2011. I hope you like them!
    For the case that you don't really now the airport of Cologne, which is what I am expecting, here some information:
    CGN is the home-base for the LCC Germanwings which is operating with 32 Airbus A319
    It's also the western Europe Hub for FedEx and UPS Airlines with up to 20+ flights a day.
    In 2011 the airport counted 9,6 Mio. passengers and 743.000 tons of freight.

Let's start with 10th April. On that day I was able to get the newest TUIfly's (german charter airline) logojet D-ATUC:

5 days later..
    Germany's "Air Force One", which is now replaced by an A340-300, approaching rwy 14L. Germanys government fleet is also based at Cologne

and one of many UPS flights..

Another german charter Airline is German Sky Airlines, operating 2 nicely painted B737-800

25th April: Another freight airline operating at Cologne is danish carrier Star Air with some 767-200F's, but they usually move only after sunset, so I was lucky to get OY-SRF on final approach to rwy 14L

The next day (26th) was a great one because we had a championsleague soccer-match in Cologne! Manchester United and their fans arrived with some specials:

Turkish Airlines flight 1673/4 from Istanbul is usually operated by an Airbus A320, but during the holidays they sometimes use heavy equipment like this A330-300 on 29th April:

Ramp Alpha overview:

Let's go on with some FedEx!

Okay, enough FDX! Now some random shots of airlines you might not see in the US!

The year ended with this rare A321 from Iran which arrived without sun..

That's it for now! I hope it's not too much from Germany and you like these pictures! I also hope that my English wasn't that bad..
    If you have questions or want to tell me something please write it down!

Best greeting from Germany, Lukas

Really loving all the German threads lately. Please keep them coming!

I deal with German airports constantly for work, but I've never been to several of them and it's great to be tortured in seeing what I am missing!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Welcome Luckas.....great stuff!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Hey lukas,

Gute arbeit!
    Ich bin auch aus deutschland aber im moment in New York.. Schön zu sehen das du nen weg gefunden hast zum spotten! Ich wohne ganz in der nähe von köln und villeicht koennen wir uns über Facebook oder Skype mal austauschen?!

Mach weiter so!
    Dennis

PS: Sorry guys, to write german to a german guy is much easier! ;)

All: DWaviation lives near Cologne and wants to talk to Lukas via Facebook or Skype.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Thats right Phil ;)

Welcome Lucas! I love the tail on that Freebird Airbus