Thread: Spotting In New York JFK

Spotting In New York JFK

Hi Guys
    Will be visiting NY in February from the 21 to the 29 and the boss has given me a day off ( to be arrange when we arrive)
    So Im looking for the best place to go for pictures at JFK how to get there and any tips
    regards Kevin

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Glapics View Post
    Hi Guys
    Will be visiting NY in February from the 21 to the 29 and the boss has given me a day off ( to be arrange when we arrive)
    So Im looking for the best place to go for pictures at JFK how to get there and any tips
    regards Kevin
    Kevin,

All the information you need for spotting at JFK is nicely laid out in the spotting guides link above. You must have a car and prepare to shuttle between the different spotting locations because JFK Tower is notorious for changing ops with the slight change of winds and just when they see that one aircraft you want is on final. It's there way of saying I got you.

Thanks Guys , unfortunately I'm at the mercy of public transport , its not worth renting a car for just that day

You will be able to enjoy some of what JFK has to offer but be aware it is not exactly easy or great to spot at JFK via public transport. It's doable but it can be painful.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Kevin, if you're really, really nice, somebody around here may offer to chauffeur you around. It never hurts to ask if someone else will be out and can drive you around (offer a few beers in return, and you're sure to get a yes). And if I'm around the weekend you're here, maybe it will even be me (but I don't get out as often as I'd like. Just ask Manny, we've only met in person twice...).

Where are you joining us from? What's your usual local airport?

EDIT: Just figured out what your username means. D'oh!

TIS
    Last edited by ANITIX87; 2012-01-26 at 10:15 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot...
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Thanks Anitix
    If you or anyone is about that week I would be very grateful if you could show me around and Im sure that I would be able to smuggle out some of my countries famous beverage ,Its not true what hear about us Scots we have been known to buy a round of beer when it comes to our turn
    I would probably be looking at either Saturday the 25 or Sunday the 26Th as I fly home on the 29th if anyone is free either days let me know as I haven't made any solid plans for our trip to NY (might even be persuaded to by Lunch )

Many thanks Kevin

Hi Guys arrived in NY on Tuesday on one of British Airways newest B777-300er G-STBA and have been doing the local sights with the boss,so i have gotten a days pass either Saturday or Sunday ,if any ones around that's willing to show me around JFK I would be more than grateful
    just drop me a line or if you want to dm

Many thanks Kevin