Thread: The 10 Worst Airport Terminals

The 10 Worst Airport Terminals

JFK terminal 3 named the worst terminal in the world and JFK names worlds 5th beautiful terminal. Jada Saudi Arabia is named the number one beautiful terminal.

http://www.frommers.com/slideshow/in...?group=786&p=1

Not too long ago Fairbanks International 1 and only terminal was number 9 in the most prettiest...what happened to it?
    I must say London T5 is prob the worst terminal I have been too.

Have to say one of the nicest I've seen is the new International Terminal in TLV
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

How is LGA's Central Terminal not on this list? At least the US Airways terminal at LGA is a newer building than the CTB.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Americans terminal in Miami, especially the check in area. Yes, it is huge but very confusing and the signage was not all that great.

Hands down LGA Central Terminal is the worst I fly into regularly. There aren't enough words to describe the squalor of that terminal. I rather like T5 at LHR - not sure why other disagree. The only issue I have with T5 is the security screening process which is dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    How is LGA's Central Terminal not on this list? At least the US Airways terminal at LGA is a newer building than the CTB.
    They mention that the Central and Delta terminals are also bad but at least they've added some decent food and shopping options recently. Nosomuch in the US terminal, unfortunately. Hopefully Delta will upgrade more than just the SkyClub once they take it over.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I love the US Airways terminal at LGA. Decent food options, good security, ample seating, windows. Delta's terminal is a dump as is the CTB. CDG is one of if not the worse airport for European transfers. Disagree with Midway. Easy for transfers and utilitarian. JFK's Terminal 3 is my favorite terminal in the world just because of its uniqueness and Pan Am Legacy. From a passenger's standpoint it's a zoo.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Completely agree about T3 (I still call it the Worldport). I have a nostalgic fondness for anything Pan Am. A lot of the criticism of T3 is due to the fact that it was designed in "pre-security" times. If you remember, the point was that you could drive up to the checkin position that was outside of your gate, and just walked through the doors and voila, you were at your departure gate. All of that turned into a zoo with the concept of central screening, etc. Even prior to the Worldport addition, the main circular terminal was innovative in many ways, particularly the air curtain that was used rather than traditional glass doors. Unfortunately, there was no world renowned architect involved, so while the iconic TWA will be preserved, the old Pan Am terminal will succumb to the wrecking ball.