Thread: 2012 Winter Classic Fly By

2012 Winter Classic Fly By

Today was the 2012 NHL Winter Classic in Philadelphia, Pa. and as Patti Labelle was finishing a ROUSING verson of the Star Spangled Banner
    the camera zoomed in on 2 F-18s as they were banking in for their final approach for the Fly By!! What a great shot that was. Then they flipped to a wide shot showing the 2 fighters coming in from centerfield roaring over the crowd LOUDLY!! And then a final look from above (Blimp I guess) of the 2 Hornets racing low across the landscape!! Not sure who was directing but they did an excellent job!! Maybe a spotter? LOL! And the sell-out crowd totally enjoyed it.
    And PS - watching the Jets yesterday and I caught a quick look of what looked to be a FlyBy of 4 vintage aircraft. They had red stars on their sides. Anyone see this?

Ahh, so that's the reason for those fast movers shaking my house in south Jersey while my woman and I were trying to watch Captain America!

That was a sick flyover. Was not expecting that.

Shame my Flyers couldn't get the W. The refs really tried to help us even! Rangers look real strong, organized, tough team to beat.

A good flyby it was! Well-timed, and yes, they actually do have people that stand in the rafters of the stadiums with a radio, guiding/timing the planes, and they are called spotters.

And yes, the Rangers are lookin good....really impressing me.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ychocky View Post
    That was a sick flyover. Was not expecting that.

Shame my Flyers couldn't get the W. The refs really tried to help us even! Rangers look real strong, organized, tough team to beat.
    Missed the flyby but saw on tape those calls and I have to say the NHL should be embarrassed. That was no doubt a calculated move to force overtime and shootout. I mean really. Henrik had to save the day.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Missed the flyby but saw on tape those calls and I have to say the NHL should be embarrassed. That was no doubt a calculated move to force overtime and shootout. I mean really. Henrik had to save the day.

Philly's a wierd town when it comes to sports. How Lurie is letting Andy Reid keep his job as Eagles coach after this season is beyond comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Philly's a wierd town when it comes to sports.
    You can say that again. Try living all around them...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    A good flyby it was! Well-timed, and yes, they actually do have people that stand in the rafters of the stadiums with a radio, guiding/timing the planes, and they are called spotters
    Actually Phil I meant that the person who was directing the TV coverage of the FlyBy was a spotter because of the way he
    gave the jets great airtime. But thanks for the other info. I had heard that before and some years back during a PD
    FlyBy at an officers funeral I was close enough to hear an aviation officer at the funeral talking to the circling aircraft
    guiding/timing the copters.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Philly's a wierd town when it comes to sports. How Lurie is letting Andy Reid keep his job as Eagles coach after this season is beyond comprehension.
    Story today how a couple of Flyer fans beat the crap out of a Ranger fan and his son. The Ranger fan was an off-duty NJ cop.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1001211

Rather than start a new Sports Flyover thread..... after Steven Tylers rather "spirited" version of the National Anthem a nice C-5 Galaxy from Westover Air Base
    flew a flyover at Gillette Stadium. Kudos to CBS showing below and above footage of the flyover. And the crew of the C-5 put "GO PATS" on the belly.

Saw this photo on Westover's facebook page... saa-weet!

January 22, 2012

A Westover C-5 successfully completed its training and the flyover just before the kickoff for the New England Patriots vs. Baltimore Ravens football game at Gillette Stadium.

(U.S. Air Force photo/SrA. Kelly Galloway)
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com