Thread: MSG and Time Warner not playing nice together.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

MSG and Time Warner not playing nice together.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...994335508.html

Do these companies not make enough money? In a year where the Rangers are one of the best teams in the league not a happy new year for city fans.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

It's the Dolans we are talking about here. They have bigger issues because the entire field service department is voting on a union in two weeks and the talking birds on the front lines seem to be serious about getting them in this time. Than the Dolans really have a problem because they cannot keep jerking the residental, OV4B and OSP guys around anymore to save a dime.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    It's the Dolans we are talking about here. They have bigger issues because the entire field service department is voting on a union in two weeks and the talking birds on the front lines seem to be serious about getting them in this time. Than the Dolans really have a problem because they cannot keep jerking the residental, OV4B and OSP guys around anymore to save a dime.
    Sure it sure pass with the Occupy Wall Street sentiment out there. Won't mean anything. Dolan will jack up our prices and it won't help service since when they use independent people to handle the overflow when something goes wrong. CV doesn't have a serious service force like LIPA. They have ham and eggers that do it on the cheap.

Now back on topic.

Seems MSG wanted to reneg a little.

http://online.wsj.com/article/APeac3...fbe23e75b.html
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Nick, I partly agree with you but I used to be a tech so on they heavy work load jobs I disagree. They would send us out, than send a grade 15 out if we couldnt nail it down and than if it still was an issue call OSP and all three of us would work it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

They've been trying to get a union in there for decades...I highly doubt its going to fly this time around. Time Warner itself is another sucky company..combine that with Cablevision's suckiness and you have a votex of suck that will only breed moronic behavior. Having worked for C Vision for 10 years I can tell you their management isn't the brightest bulbs on the porch. I'm sure Time Warner isn't that much better... These companies stay in business simply because the choice is so limited you have really no choice...you either get Cable or you have no TV..simple as that.

I dont know man, it's gotten pretty suckish in the last couple of years. 8 hours is like 125 130 points now where that used to be a 10 hour route. Plus alot of other stuff man. My buddies that are still in the field are not too happy.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    These companies stay in business simply because the choice is so limited you have really no choice...you either get Cable or you have no TV..simple as that.
    Exactly.