Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    From what I heard at the museum the other day they decided not to give them an E/A-6 because they already have one there waiting to go to Bethpage. But the Growlers are fantastic!
    That makes sense, but not sure why they want 2 static Growlers. I cant wait to get some pics with these bad boys .. hopefully the snow birds are over by the AAM too.

The Snowbirds should be on the ramp between the AAM and Sheltair. Definitely viewable, but I don't know how close you will be able to get to them.

If its the same Growler squadron as last year, they will give you plenty of time to get up close with them. They were super nice guys last year.

Any word on what's up with #2 or when it will be in?

I hope VAQ-129 brings their special Blue Centennial Growler again this year IF it's still in that sweet paint scheme !!

Yeah, Chris...that plane was mint. Super-clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    I hope VAQ-129 brings their special Blue Centennial Growler again this year IF it's still in that sweet paint scheme !!
    that would be awesome. Very rarely do I get a chance to get close to these amazing pieces of machinery, so I would like to get some great pics

hi everyone i really want to go to the air show this year and it's my first time. a few questions, so the blue angel f18's take off from republic airport? what about the f22's? i'd really like to catch them take off from the airport. around what time would they be taking off? and where near republic airport would be ideal to watch them?

The F-22 will be at Islip, not very photo-friendly. The Blues will be flying every day, except today. Wednesday they will be performing the Fleet Week flyby over the Hudson River, departing FRG around 10:30ish. Thursday and Friday afternoons they will fly a show practice at the beach, and Saturday and Sunday they will fly their air show performances. Look for them to depart FRG around 2pm those days, returning an hour or so later. You can see them parked at the terminal, and watch them depart/recover on Rwy 14/32 from New Highway, or the parking lots around the movie theater/Home Depot.

"Number 2" has not arrived as of noon Tuesday
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

i see... so the parking lot of home depot and the movie theater would be the best place to watch them? i saw a few pages back there are shots of those jets, they were taken from the same parking lot? i'll be most likely going tomorrow morning to check them out and see them take off, for the first time in my life! anyone else gonna be there?

I wonder what happens if the jet can't get here - I know the pilot could fly the spare on Wednesday, but do they fly him up commercial, or send #7 to pick him up, so they can do the Fleet Week fly by, and work on getting aircraft #2 here when they can?

Quote Originally Posted by atenzany62 View Post
    i see... so the parking lot of home depot and the movie theater would be the best place to watch them? i saw a few pages back there are shots of those jets, they were taken from the same parking lot? i'll be most likely going tomorrow morning to check them out and see them take off, for the first time in my life! anyone else gonna be there?
    if you want to see them fly over head you wanna go to the parking lot by home depot or go to the end of the runway by the big loop on new highway by the southern. those spots are great but limited in sight. If you go by the terminal on 110 you'll see them taxi away and get a side view of the take-off. it's really a matter of what you want to see! they say 11am but i'll be there around 9am. they have a good show just getting into their jets but probably won't do it tomorrow, look for it sat/sun.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I wonder what happens if the jet can't get here - I know the pilot could fly the spare on Wednesday, but do they fly him up commercial, or send #7 to pick him up, so they can do the Fleet Week fly by, and work on getting aircraft #2 here when they can?
    they also have 2 more jets besides 1-7 don't they? send him up in one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    if you want to see them fly over head you wanna go to the parking lot by home depot or go to the end of the runway by the big loop on new highway by the southern. those spots are great but limited in sight. If you go by the terminal on 110 you'll see them taxi away and get a side view of the take-off. it's really a matter of what you want to see! they say 11am but i'll be there around 9am. they have a good show just getting into their jets but probably won't do it tomorrow, look for it sat/sun.
    i'd like to see them take off from a side view, from the terminal or whichever is closer. where would i park my car? i just looked at google maps and there seem to be many entrances from r110. should i just park at the home depot lot and walk to the terminal? which entrance on 110 is to the terminal you're speaking of? sorry i've never been to republic before.

thanks!