Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

Can't wait! This is going to be an awesome year for my first Jones Beach Airshow!! Even without Viper East or and A-10 demo team.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

It's looking pretty good already. Got my fingers crossed for a Raptor Demo...

Ken, thanks for the update!
    I noticed the BFCU link mentions that it will be a F-18 Super Hornet Demo too !!
    Fingers crossed for the F-22 Demo also, but if not, I'd love to see the B1-B do some flybys !!!
    Last edited by Chris S; 2011-12-21 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Ken, thanks for the update!
    I noticed the BFCU link mentions that it will be a F-18 Super Hornet Demo too !!
    Fingers crossed for the F-22 Demo also, but if not, I'd love to see the B1-B do some flybys !!!
    I loved the B1 a few years back, but would like the F-22 a bit more. Actually, ill take any jet metal. I believe we were supposed to have a B-2 or F-117 a few years back, but it got canned shortly before.

The AAM just made it official on their Facebook page that the B-17 "Yankee Lady" will be at the show this year.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

I decided to see Jones Beach airshow this year... Ed Hamill is back... this is surprise....

and my personal favorite - I hope Rob H is not reading this forum :)))) ... David Windmiller... OMG I haven't seen him for few years...

Busy season, week before Im going to see Andrews, then Jones Beach, then Week of then another 3 airshows.... and another 8 after that..... expecting to see some good stuff and take some pictures :)
    Living The Dream...

I will likely do my usual split of one day at the beach and the next day at the airport! The Snow Birds always put on a great show!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Cya's there.

This might be sacrilegious, but I wonder how long it will be before we see a UAV added to a future list of performers...
    Last edited by gpalz1; 2012-01-06 at 12:16 AM.

F-22?

Since the F-22 was grounded last year & was cancelled for the Jones Beach show.... what are the chances we can get a Raptor to appear at this years' show?

Bill

I can confirm that the F-22 has been added to the show and will be based out of KISP. Shhh, it is a secret but Yes, it is for real....as long as they do not ground them again. There have been many more incidents and the Charcoal filters and not fixing all the issues with the Air contamination issue that mimic's hypoxia.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I can confirm that the F-22 has been added to the show and will be based out of KISP. Shhh, it is a secret but Yes, it is for real....as long as they do not ground them again. There have been many more incidents and the Charcoal filters and not fixing all the issues with the Air contamination issue that mimic's hypoxia.
    You've made my day!! Now if we can also get a B1 Lancer again... and I've never seen a B2 in person yet....

Bill

If the Raptors are stationed out of ISP, do they do a flyby at FRG on there way to/from the beach?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Usually 1 flyby from the beach
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".