Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

Well I just confirmed my space on the Monday 9AM C-47 flight out of AAM, so I am looking forward to that!
    I'll be around the museum a good part of that weekend.
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP View Post
    Well I just confirmed my space on the Monday 9AM C-47 flight out of AAM, so I am looking forward to that!
    I'll be around the museum a good part of that weekend.
    That is great....Have a Great Flight!!!!

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

REALLY looking forward to it Fred...see you at the museum!
    It's the fares, stupid

Has the museum posted a list of all the events scheduled for each day of the airshow ? I'm not sure which day would be the best to go and I don't want to buy an expensive weekend pass...

Which day is the C-47 flying ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Just saw this posted on MSNBC.com:

Panetta restricts F-22 flights due to oxygen system complaints

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has ordered the Air Force to restrict flights of its new F-22 stealth fighters because of continuing problems with the aircraft's oxygen system. At least 22 pilots have suffered from oxygen deprivation while in flight since April 2008.

Panetta on Tuesday ordered that all F-22 flights remain within a "proximate distance" of an airfield in case a pilot should suffer from a hypoxia event and be forced to land. That will force an immediate end to F-22 patrol missions over Alaska.

Panetta also ordered the Air Force to accelerate installment of a backup oxygen system in all F-22s and provide monthly progress reports on efforts to identify the problem with the current oxygen system. The Air Force does not expect to begin installing automatic backup oxygen systems until December of this year.
    Full story:
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...omplaints?lite

I don't know if, or how, this might impact next week's show...

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Great!! Here we go again! They probably consider air shows low on the priority scale, but keeping my fingers crossed as I was planning on seeing the F22 over the next two weekends.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    Has the museum posted a list of all the events scheduled for each day of the airshow ? I'm not sure which day would be the best to go and I don't want to buy an expensive weekend pass...

Which day is the C-47 flying ?
    Friday - Monday will have a ton of action. Between the practice show, airshow, and flight experiences you'll see a lot of warbirds flying.

Considering they use the C-47 for both flight experiences and the airshow performance, I'm sure you'll see a lot of it everyday.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

ACC lists an F-22 demo this weekend at Andrews, so we should have a good idea on their status before long.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    ACC lists an F-22 demo this weekend at Andrews, so we should have a good idea on their status before long.
    I'll let you know when I get back, however, since that will be Sunday night, you'll probably know before then.

I would think we have 2 things going for us ... 1) FRG isnt far from Jones beach. even though the F-22 will be based out of ISP, I would assume FRG could serve as an emergency airfield. Also ISP still isnt that far away. 2) The demos for the airshow are at a lower altitude. I would assume that the concern for lack of oxygen would be lessened.

Right or wrong, these are the reasons I am using to convince myself that we will still get an F-22.

Good news ...
    I just got this reply back from the ACC Aerial Events Branch and they said "The recent restrictions put on the F-22 will not affect the F-22 Single Ship Demo program. The Andrews AFB and Jones Beach Air Shows will be supported as scheduled."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Good news ...
    I just got this reply back from the ACC Aerial Events Branch and they said "The recent restrictions put on the F-22 will not affect the F-22 Single Ship Demo program. The Andrews AFB and Jones Beach Air Shows will be supported as scheduled."
    for lack of a better term YAY!!!!!!

Also, according to their PAO, right now Snowbirds #1 - #9 are due into FRG either later on the 24th or early on the 25th. It all depends upon how well their long transit day goes from Winnipeg to LI on Thurs. However, he also said Snowbirds #10 and #11 will be arriving earlier in the week and those 2 planes will be participating in the Hudson River flyover with the Blue Angels on the 23rd if all goes well.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Hey guys, does anyone have a time frame for Fat Albert's arrival? My boss is UP MY ASS over it as he wants to film it. If anyone can advise, my blood pressure will appreciate it!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Right now I believe the Blue Angels will be arriving either on Monday or Tuesday, but just so you know there's a good chance they'll still be using their replacement C-130 "ERNIE" while Fat Albert undergoes maintenance.
    This video is from last weekend at the Tennesee Air Show with ERNIE