Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Angel number 6 said they will be leaving around 6 but I seen them working on 5 so who knows. Debating on heading back up there.

They did leave at 6p. They got a nice send off from the smaller crowd at the terminal that had stuck it out to see the departure. Each Pilot Waved and saluted as they left the Ramp. Class act all of them! Sorry I could not update, my iPhone Battery had died minutes before they walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    Ill take just a little bit of credit for this. Saw the f22 crew at the beach Fri and told them they MuST do some passes at frg aas there are lots of people there waiting to see them!

Also Heard that since they did not do the Heritage flight today they had more fuel. The story circulating yesterday was that they were low. Not sure if that was true.
    Happened to be listening to the LIVE ATC feed when they asked permission to do the Pass. So I was prepared on the fence-line on New Highway to capture the Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam View Post
    They did leave at 6p. They got a nice send off from the smaller crowd at the terminal that had stuck it out to see the departure. Each Pilot Waved and saluted as they left the Ramp. Class act all of them! Sorry I could not update, my iPhone Battery had died minutes before they walked out.
    I decided to go up. I was at the end of the runway. Chris S was up there. Talked to a couple other guys not sure if they are from here. They got a kick out of me standing on my car all the time.. The Angels really made a lot of noise when they left. First time they actually hurt my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Had a blast this weekend at the airshow. I have just one for now. Working on rest very soon

Raptor Baby!!!!!

Thats A beauty!!! Where exactly Were you? Along New Highway??? On a Ladder or in the Old Tower?

Last edited by Mattimus; 2012-05-27 at 08:19 PM.

I haven't even looked at all my photos, never mind editing. That said, here are a few from the weekend so far...

Early Thursday morning, live remote with Bill Evans and WABC-7 News

Raptor pulling some vapor at the beach on Saturday

Raptor low approach at FRG on Sunday

Legacy flight, led by Jim Vocell in the AAM Corsair. Maybe the best sequence of Legacy/Heritage Flight shots I've ever gotten - five consecutive frames, all sharp, in focus, no blur on the aircraft, enough prop blur, they all just came together. Usually, I end up with a couple of good ones, and a bunch that just miss.

More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I decided to go up. I was at the end of the runway. Chris S was up there. Talked to a couple other guys not sure if they are from here. They got a kick out of me standing on my car all the time.. The Angels really made a lot of noise when they left. First time they actually hurt my ears.

Yeah, I drove by that spot and I saw the Guy with the Big Lens on a Tripod on the cover of his Pickup Truck. Contemplated camping there but I really enjoy the send off from the Terminal. Besides the Fact I had been Standing on a 6' ladder most of the day along New Highway not far from the bend. Maybe Next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam View Post
    Yeah, I drove by that spot and I saw the Guy with the Big Lens on a Tripod on the cover of his Pickup Truck. Contemplated camping there but I really enjoy the send off from the Terminal. Besides the Fact I had been Standing on a 6' ladder most of the day along New Highway not far from the bend. Maybe Next time?

Just look for the blonde with a big ass lens standing on the car or ladder. I was told today I really just do not fit in lol

Oh and I was parked in front of that guy.
    Last edited by Christina; 2012-05-27 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I haven't even looked at all my photos, never mind editing. That said, here are a few from the weekend so far...

Raptor low approach at FRG on Sunday

More to come...
    Wow! Awesome shot!

Great stuff Moose!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

here are some of mine

sneak pass

almost went blind shooting this one, but i like it

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Had a blast this weekend at the airshow. I have just one for now. Working on rest very soon

Raptor Baby!!!!!

AWESOME shot of that LOW Raptor pass from up in the Old tower Steve !!
    I was hoping someone got a great shot of it after I heard all about it down at the beach !! Ha!!

Moose, as always, AWESOME SHOTS, especially of the Raptor banking and Legacy flight !!WOW !!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    I have a ton of pictures to go through but here is some of my best:

F/A-18 Super Hornet by Kenneth Pagliughi, on Flickr

F/A-18 Super Hornet by Kenneth Pagliughi, on Flickr

F-22A Raptor by Kenneth Pagliughi, on Flickr

F-22A Raptor by Kenneth Pagliughi, on Flickr
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

one more for me.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture