Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

That weather was just awful. Never made it to Jones Beach, but it was great hanging out with everyone at D&B for a while. Here is to hoping tomorrow is better.

727!

Playing with sliders in Lightroom
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Unfortunately, the Growlers have been delayed and it sounds like they may have had to land at another airport for now
    Last edited by Chris S; 2012-05-25 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Unfortunately, the Growlers have been delayed it sounds like they may have had to land at another airport for now
    Thanks Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Usnow birds 5,6,7 on the ground
    Yeah lucked out on these guys.Was over by New Highway when the horse plane came in then heard Snowbird coming in 1-4. Made it there with time to spare and was pleasantly surprised when
    I saw a Flight of 3 in formation coming in. Thought it was only 1!!! About 10 later the last 2 came in!!
    Crappy day and disappointed but there was enough action to keep me occupied. The 2 NYSPD B430s took off around 2:30 and headed out to the beach and came back about 30 minutes later. Took a last stop by the Terminal to check out the Blues again as the crowd had lightened. One of the Blues Crew was standing by the fence signing pics and passing them through the slot in the door then stayed around talking to the people standing there especially the kids, answering all questions patiently. He was giving "life advise" to the kids which I thought was very cool. You know, stay in school, work hard, listen to your parents, eat your veggies!!
    Well Sunday I'll be heading to the beach as tomorrow is Eisenhower Park and the USN/USMC demo.
    Enjoy all and lets hope this fracking weather lifts!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gerard; 2012-05-25 at 05:56 PM. Reason: More to say

Here is some of my shots from today, wish that fog was gone....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Johnathaneric; 2012-05-25 at 05:53 PM.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Word is the Growlers were up and went back to AC.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And here is one more to enjoy.... Will be a very busy day tomorrow..... Charge all your batteries and have enough memory cards...

[IMG][/IMG]

wemt to the beach around noon, was a bust. got up to the airport in time to see the end of the signing. got some shots which i'll try to post. least i got to see the rest of the snowbirds come in, though sad the didn't make a pass or anything, they just appeared down the runway. guess i don't blame them after all the delays! beach tomorrow!

The beach was a bust today, but Republic was fun:

Isaac

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    My plan was to hit the beach today as well, I didn't bother since the weather was so lousy and it turned out to be the right choice. We were at Republic for a few hours with not much action other than the E-6 arriving. When the Blues were still expected to take flight, we were told that we had to be on the other side of the taped off area by the tower once they started, which kind of sucks. Did someone get hurt there last year? It was always no restrictions in the past. Anyways, we went by the Blue Angel pilots that were signing autographs and once again almost were too late. The guy said that they would only sign two more and we requested an exemption as we only needed number fives autograph and showed him the poster from Andrews from last week, his expression was priceless. Anyway, he allowed us to get the autograph so my son's poster is now complete.

Definitely a bust today, the best part of the day was lunch with the guys at Buster's and Dave's.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam View Post
    Chris S, Nice meeting you in person last night. Thanks for sharing your stories & photos while we waited for the Snowbirds arrivals last night.
    Hey Dan, nice meeting you too last night !! Glad to see you posting on NYCA again !

GREAT shots under tough conditions everyone !!
    Let's just hope for better weather tomorrow

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick note that my Jones Beach Air Show Scanner feed is back online. This year marks the 7th year I've been doing it, and I look forward to continuing the tradition for as long as I can.

A full list of frequencies for the airshow is at http://www.w2lie.net/airshow
    The Live radio feed is under the Special feed at : http://www.w2lie.net/apps/feeds/feeds.php

I don't want to SPAM the boards here, but if anyone wants the full details of the feed should check out my last newsletter: http://www.w2lie.net/apps/e107newsle...hive&newsid=18

Enjoy the show!
    Phil / w2lie
    73 - Phil / w2lie
    http://www.w2lie.net
    Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums (Air Show Scanner feed is on the "Special" Stream!)

Has anybody seen a show schedule yet?
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com