Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

Great shots everyone !! I guess it was pretty crowded up in the Old Tower today !! Ha!!

Some shots take around Republic today:

Cockpit of one of the Growlers

I want to thank everyone for all their efforts and generosity for sharing all their hard work during the air show. These shots are nothing short of amazing. I am going to go buy myself a Nikon D5100 and learn the crap out of that camera so hopefully, with enough practice, I will be able to post pics as awesome as you guys! Once again, thank you so much!

AWESOME coverage so far, everyone! It's a shame I had to fly every day since Thursday (though not so much a shame since I love it...). Not sure if anyone was listening to the approach frequencies, but since I was flying the 441 out to Nantucket and back every day I asked approach if we could get a low pass along the beach for the show...apparently the 441 isn't sexy enough to be considered "air show material"...what a pity, we would have kept it low and hot...would have been your first corporate aircraft vapor shots!!!

Hope to see many, many, MANY ​MANNY​ (See what I did there?) more epic shots from everyone! Keep em coming!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Just got a chance to view all the pics on here today and they are all unbelievable,this was truely a great show this year i think maybe next year ill do one day at republic and one at the beach. Great pics and vids everybody!!!

Does anyone know when the raptors depart kisp, or is it a just go up there and wait

A few in no particular order

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    After the disappointment of last year's air show, this was one hell of a rough and one hell of an exciting week. Kim and I are exhausted and in an immense amount of pain, but it was all worth it.

Here's a few quick edits from random parts of the week.

Awesome job done again by the American Airpower Museum and our own Kenny P. (fighting falcon 51) with the schedule updates! Supreme thanks must also go to Derf!

It was great hanging with everyone, we must have beers and planes again VERY soon!!!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

LOL @threeholerglory. That would of been priceless seeing a corporate turboprop doing a low pass. Your passengers without a doubt would of been grabbing for the barf bags.

What plane was this? Saw it from the Terminal in front ofd the Sheltair hangar.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    USN C-9.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Great stuff ladies and gentlemen! Still going through a bunch, but here are a few for now.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Hey Eric, creative enough ??

Kenny your Raptor take off shot is a KILLER !!! I love it ! and MK4/zero is just awesome I would try to go lower next time on shutter speed to make this prop more blurry. Not bad at all some people don't even care about it and shoot 1/2000 or so and this is the biggest and unforgettable mistake in aviation photography :) You did great job I love those pictures!

Sorry for quality linking from FB, I'm still processing my Andrews AFB pictures :) No I'm not lazy, I work 3 jobs and kind of don't have a time, however I should have some stuff ready to show. It was good to see some well known faces at Republic :) !

Fred thx for all your help!
    Last edited by chrisparypa; 2012-05-27 at 11:50 PM.
    Living The Dream...