Thread: Ventura Flight Training @ Republic

Ventura Flight Training @ Republic

Just got an Amazon Local Deal for a one hour flight experience for $199. Anyone have any experience with them? The deal claims its a $400 value, but their website has it at $300.
    Nevertheless, I'm really tempted. Four hours left on the offer if anyone else is interested.

George

Is that really a good deal? I would think that the first flight would be under 100 just to get the person hooked (which...usually works).
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

That doesn't sound like much of a deal. Looking at NFI or Academy of Aviation both at FRG, their regular prices would be the same or less for a 1 hour introductory session.

Heritage Flight Academy & Mid-Island Air Service over at Islip also offer 1 hour intro flights and they are both below $150 for an hour. The "deal" you speak of is not even close.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Yes that is very high. My friend gives lessons at FRG and his intro flight is $150 as well. In fact I believe he gives it back if you take a certain amount of lessons with him.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

A discovery flight (around 45 minutes I believe) is $65 at Air Fleet in CDW.

I also got the same Amazon local offer! A bit pricey for me, but according to their website, you get the following:

15*minutes of ground instruction
    A logbook to record your flight for future training
    A certificate of accomplishment
    A Picture
    An invitation to a private pilot ground school
    A discounted ticket to the Cradle of Aviation museum
    A coupon to the 56th fighter group restaurant located next door
    A free Sporty’s pilot training DVD
    A 6 month subscription to Flight Training Magazine
    Up to two*complimentary Headset Rentals
    Option of bringing along a passenger*

----------------

Personal note: I took an intro flight with NFI back in the early 90's. It was around $100 back then, if I remember correctly. They were flying C152 trainers. As an avid Flight Simulator enthusiast, it was a personal treat for myself to fly a real aircraft (slow as it was) which I thoroughly enjoyed. Though I would love to pursue flight training, the lack of available time and $$$ make it nearly impossible for me to achieve.

Please excuse the bump. I saw this site that lists flight schools all over with comparisons that might be useful. http://flight-lessons.findthebest.com/
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

that sounds WAY high...regardless of all those "perks"...a logbook endorsement costs nothing more than the CFI's signature/endorsement which can be written on a napkin...if you're going for a one-time flight, there's no need to buy a whole logbook since there's no legal requirement other than to prove you went on the flight which comes in the form of the aforementioned endorsement. Some schools try way too hard.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?