Thread: NEW YORK JFK & EWR ADS-B TRAFFIC

NEW YORK JFK & EWR ADS-B TRAFFIC

Hi NYC aviation spotters/enthusiast,
    I regularly view Flightaware airport tracker to view the traffic at different airports in the US/Canada i.e. JFK/BOS/MIA/IAD/YYZ/YUL/YVR etc and then look for the ADS-B equipped aircraft on the Planefinder radar to view the registration.
    I have noticed on Planefinder that on some days the JFK ADS-B coverage is brilliant and on others not so good.
    This may be due to the person supplying the JFK feed to Planefinder going offline for whatever reason i.e. work, holidays, defective equipment etc.
    I really miss it when the JFK feed is not online at Planefinder and would like to ask NYC aviation spotters that have ADS-B receivers if they could be connected to Planefinder network so JFK ADS-B traffic can be viewed.

Hope you can help and thanks.

aircraftenthusiast2000

PS 24/7 JFK feed would be brilliant

Hello again to all you good NYC Aviation spotters.
    In my desperate quest to view improved New York JFK/EWR ADS-B traffic on Planefinder i have included the below information from the Planefinder website.
    I really hope somebody can help as i enjoy viewing New York JFK traffic including the flights that fly over JFK at high level.

Thanks again to you all

aircraftenthusiast2000

How Plane Finder Works

Plane Finder works by picking up ADS-B plane feeds used by commercial and private planes to transmit their name, position, callsign, status and lots more.

Our servers add additional information such as departure airport, destination and photos for presentation on planefinder.net and in our Plane Finder apps.

The ADS-B data comes to us either from our own receivers or from people with receivers who share their data with us over the internet. If you are a virtual radar hobbyist we’ll be delighted to receive your data for use within the app. For more details on how you can help please see our coverage page.

ADS-B is gradually replacing radar as the most efficient method for air traffic control.

Ultimately ADS-B will enable aircraft to fly closer together and on more efficient routes meaning less fuel consumption and reduced flight times. ADS-B will also enable advanced transfer of information both to and from the cockpit.

In locations such as Europe and Australia the implementation is well advanced and the majority of aircraft use ADS-B. North America is behind currently but will catch up as the US NextGen ADS-B equipage project continues to develop.

Plane Finder is showing a slow but steady increase in planes tracked as ADS-B use continues to grow.

We know that this website and the apps are used by a huge range of people including professionals such pilots and ground crew, by plane spotters and aviation enthusiasts, and by anyone who just wants to track a friend or is curious about the planes overhead.

We hope that you enjoy Plane Finder however you use it!

Planefinder.net

The Planefinder.net website has been implemented in partnership with Something Interesting Limited.

Something Interesting are a professional and passionate development team focused on delivering quality projects. The team like to enjoy what they do, speak like humans and have their client’s best interests at heart. They don’t believe in cutting corners and won’t compromise the quality of their work.

Something Interested are highly recommended by Pinkfroot, if you are looking for a development partner you can trust, take a look at www.somethinginteresting.co.uk for more information.

Coverage

Flight Coverage

The flight data used by Plane Finder is collected via ground based ADS-B receiving stations located all over the world.

We work very hard to continually increase our global coverage and it is improving all of the time.

If you are in a location that does not have any data, or if you think that you can improve the current coverage (such as from a location near a major airport) we may be able to supply a free ADS-B receiver and setup. There are a few technical requirements that need to be met but you don’t have to know anything about the technology in advance to do this. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss in more detail.

ADS-B Data Sharing

We understand that a lot of time and effort goes into running a full or part time ADS-B data feed and very much appreciate and data that is shared with us. If you share data please make sure you ask us for free apps. We would also be delighted to hear from you if you ever need help in any way and will try our very best to help out.

If you have an ADS-B receiver of any type and want to see your data in Plane Finder, please see the simple instructions below and let us know that you’ve set it up. Alternatively contact us at [email protected] and we’ll respond straight away.

There are currently two options for sharing ADS-B data:

Software Client (Kinetic SBS, Airnav RadarBox, Aurora)

We can supply some simple client sharing software – contact us at [email protected] and we’ll respond straight away.

COAA Plane Plotter (This supports any receiver including RAW devices such as the Beast, MicroADSB and PGR)

If you don’t already use it, download the latest version of COAA’s Plane Plotter software from here

We have been working with COAA and the latest versions simplify the sharing process. Please contact us if you don’t wish to purchase the software yourself.

Plane Plotter is very simple but if you do get stuck there is an excellent FAQ site here (link to http://planeplotter.pbworks.com) or alternatively please contact us.
    Once it’s set up go to Options–>Sharing–>Setup and fill in as per the image below.

Please note that we do not use the data shared via the internet sharing facility built into Plane Plotter software as this is against the terms of the license agreement and also would not be fair on those sharing the data just for use within the Plane Plotter community.