Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SXM St Maarten 2011 - here we go again!! LOTSA PHOTOS!!!!!

Jeremy, glad you liked the nature shots, too! That was an awesome diversion when things got quiet. believe me, St Barth's can get eerily quiet. we were hanging out by that little beach and kept hearing a rustling in the bushes. suddenly, that lizard strolled out. he was receptive to the camera and even let us hand feed him flowers. it was awesome!
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Quote Originally Posted by N75715 View Post
    Cary, they only yelled when they were replacing that brand new fence you see there now.... (by the looks of the welds, they will be replacing the same fence in about 6 months). otherwise, i had no issues at all. in fact, we never saw a cop drive by the beach road all week. in St Barth's, Janice and I stood in front of the rwy 28 threshold for some quick pics, and within 2 minutes, a vehicle flew down the runway and a guy yelled at us. we smiled, threw up our arms, and moved... then the iguana appeared, and distracted us for a while....Oh yeah, Roman's plane was there Saturday morning. He must have flown in over night some time. It was parked way close to the fence near the Winair ticket building. unfortunately, the lighting sucked, and it was raining when we drove by it.
    Yeah, I think that was the only cop car that passed on the road so far. There was an airport car parked inside the fence, pointed towards the fence/runway, but he only stayed for 5 minutes, and didn't tell anyone to get away from the fence, along the side.

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't try my idea at SBH after all...I guess they are overly cautious after that person got hit in the head by a plane there (I don't blame them).

I texted you on Friday night about Roman's plane arriving in the AM (around 7)...but then I remembered you normally don't have your phone on/don't check it here. The plane is still here, and the mini-bandit has been making quite a few flights over the past few days. I'm hoping to catch the 767 departing.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Went to SBH yesterday, and saw both your iguana and security friends. Luckily, I didn't stray too close to the runway, and didn't get yelled at
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram