Thread: How to lose $2400 in 24 seconds

How to lose $2400 in 24 seconds

A Canon 5D Mark II in Cannon Beach, Oregon...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

the motion blur was probably pretty epic.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    LOL. I take pretty bad care of my equipment but nothing like that. Adios!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I just cried after seeing that......
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

what the hell kind of a wave was that? It seemed like it was low tide then all of a sudden it comes in

It was in an Ikelite enclosure, no worries
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

UPDATE: B&H gave him a new camera! http://pdnpulse.com/2011/12/wave-des...non-beach.html
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    That's awesome. I can't get enough of the video!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Wait, they gave him a new Mark II because he basically allowed the ocean to eat his old one and posted a video of how careless he was in letting it happen? I have to be missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Wait, they gave him a new Mark II because he basically allowed the ocean to eat his old one and posted a video of how careless he was in letting it happen? I have to be missing something here.
    B&H didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. The gesture is great PR and with the fact they are the best store in the world they probably get Canon to eat out of their hand. They most likely asked the guy to the give them the one he ruined in the water and they sent it back to Canon, had it refurbished that they can sell. They make out better than anyone in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    B&H didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts. The gesture is great PR and with the fact they are the best store in the world they probably get Canon to eat out of their hand. They most likely asked the guy to the give them the one he ruined in the water and they sent it back to Canon, had it refurbished that they can sell. They make out better than anyone in the long run.
    Cool. So all I have to do is figure out some really neat way of destroying my gear that people like to watch and I can get brand-new gear. I'm on it

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Cool. So all I have to do is figure out some really neat way of destroying my gear that people like to watch and I can get brand-new gear. I'm on it
    Good luck but he was in the wrong place at the right time. I am sure B&H will get some copy cats but they will be disappointed.

Hmm. So I had to bug them to send me the complimentary SD card that was supposed to come with my HD camcorder last year(and it wasn't a cheap one), but I guess they can decide when they want to be philanthropists with $2400 camera bodies. Go B&H!