So I got to experience all that windstorm had to off for the airline industry. Cancellations and delays. I arrived at the airport expecting to fly to Kamloops from Calgary direct to go visit my fiancee. 10 minutes into security, my direct was cancelled due to operational reasons (really the aircraft never came in due to the high winds so it was stuck in Edmonton or something). Well I went to the ticket agent before even getting my checked baggage back and rebooked a reroute through Vancouver onto Kamloops. I got seats luckily because the Grey Cup (Canadian Football Leagues Championship) was being held in Vancouver that afternoon. So the ticket agent said go get my luggage and then come back to check it. I thought I did the right thing considering there was a aircraft full of passengers trying to get to Kamloops, I felt bad that the university athletic team that was on that cancelled flight couldnt just rebook because of the size of the group so I am unsure of when they actually got back into Kamloops. Anyways I get checked in on my next set of flights and got to the gate and noticed that there were aircraft taking off. I looked at my plane and it was rocking in the wind like nothing I have ever seen. Well the crew arrived and expecting to board and get off on time. Not a chance. it was now delayed half hour. Thats fine, I still have time to get through Vancouver terminal to catch my next flight. I noticed they brought the luggage carts to the plane but werent doing anything. Then the gate agent who finally showed up announced the flight was further delayed due to the winds and that the ground crew couldnt work outside, fair enough, safety first. So then the word came and we all boarded. Another delay was annouced. A passenger who had their id when checking in and getting through security now lost it and they were going to have to pull her bags off which could be 15 minutes more before leaving. Then she found it was on the aircraft. Well we pushed back and taxied to the active runway. Very shortly after takeoff it was bumpy due to the winds. Reaching cruising altitude it was smooth again. Shortly before decent one of the flight attendants came onto the speaker and annouced anyone who has connections I will be coming through the cabin to give a update. Well my next flight was going to be held for a few of us who were off to Kamloops. I was barely in Vancouver for 15 minutes before walking out and boarding my next flight. In the end, both me and my luggage made it to Kamloops and I have had a very relaxing time seeing my fiancee. Would I do it all again to see her, without a doubt and most important, I know they get crapped on so much for their poor customer service but KOODOS to Air Canada for getting me to my destination in a timely but safe manner. Thanks for reading.

Matt (Dueck Images)