Thread: Passenger Had To Stand for 7 Hours

Passenger Had To Stand for 7 Hours

Let me tell you, I wouldnt be standing for no 7 friggin hours and before those doors closed either him or me would've been off that flight!!! And if I'm getting off they sure as heck will be
    taking care of me!!

Somethin ain't right here. First, this article is of very low quality, a child could write better than this. Second, there is no way someone would be made to have to do without their seatbelt during takeoff and landing. It look like this guy didn't fact-check anything, he just pulled it off some blog.

For all I know, this could be completely made up. In my line of work I have people telling me all kinds of stories every day, so I never know the truth.

The source listed was a Daily Mail article. Then again, those aren't known for their fact-checking, either.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Somethin ain't right here. First, this article is of very low quality, a child could write better than this. Second, there is no way someone would be made to have to do without their seatbelt during takeoff and landing. It look like this guy didn't fact-check anything, he just pulled it off some blog.
    For all I know, this could be completely made up. In my line of work I have people telling me all kinds of stories every day, so I never know the truth.
    I was thinking the same thing about the takeoff and landing aspect of the story.
    Still when I fly and I get to my seat before anyone else I eyeball who is walking in and when I see a "heavy" person I say to myself "Oh Lord please no"!!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    This sounds made up. Def need more info and a better source. I can't see this happening. Isn't it against FAA regs?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I heard this from a few different places when it first happened. I see some holes in the story, but I am sure that he sat strapped in during takeoff andlanding, and CHOSE to stand because his seat was that uncomfortable. There were just no other options, and US Airways should have had the large man pay for two seats.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I heard this from a few different places when it first happened. I see some holes in the story, but I am sure that he sat strapped in during takeoff andlanding, and CHOSE to stand because his seat was that uncomfortable. There were just no other options, and US Airways should have had the large man pay for two seats.
    Def sounds like spin and Phil makes a good point. I wish more carriers would get aggressive in this so this would never happen like WN.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I agree with Phil too. it is dangerous to stand on the plane before take off and landing.. the staff won't allow it either.plus, they are after for a good service, maybe they can have him seat on their jump seat to make him comfortable. Their superiors won't definitely get mad at them for helping the passengers..

Quote Originally Posted by val_b View Post
    I agree with Phil too. it is dangerous to stand on the plane before take off and landing.. the staff won't allow it either.plus, they are after for a good service, maybe they can have him seat on their jump seat to make him comfortable. Their superiors won't definitely get mad at them for helping the passengers..
    They may not, but the FAA will, you can not sit in a JumpSeat unless you have been properly trained and are cleared to sit there. You never know who is on the plane, the FAA can inspect you with out making themselves known.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

I have stood for most of a flight on purpose BECAUSE the seats are too tight and my knees cant take it. Did it almost the entire flight from EWR to SFO on a flight with actually missing seats on the rear left of the plane. They had taken the last 10 rows of ABC seats due to small crew and FAA regs that state you must have so many crew per pax... I actually loved it!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS