Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hawaiian Airlines to Launch New York Flights

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Awesome to see another Pac livery since we no longer have Air Tahiti! Nice!

Also nice to see JFK-HNL re-established. I last flew that route on a CO DC-10 in 1986. Back then, it did JFK-HNL-SYD and back. I'll never forget getting off that jet after 9 hours and asking my mom, "What do you mean the other passengers are staying on for another 8 hours??!"
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    And not for nothing, that pricing is tempting.....

What is their inflight service like compared to AA's JFK-LAX-HNL route?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Sold out already!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Is there a possibility that this will start out as a trial run and if it is profitable for them, expand to 2+ flights daily as they get more of their A330's delivered?
    I don't think they look at it as a "trial run", but if it's that profitable I'm sure they'd expand it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Just saw the first TV commercial promoting this service, where else but on the Hawaii Five-O TV show. (FYI, I was channel surfing) Has a real nice air-to-air shot of an A330.

According to this thread (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5365740/) and an announcement today, Hawaiian will be code-sharing with Jet Blue and using Terminal 5 at JFK.

Question is, when do I see a Hawaiian plane at JFK? Any dates?

EDIT: Looks like June 5th is first available flight... $536 per person round trip.. not bad (to Lanai)
    Last edited by gonzalu; 2012-01-23 at 05:57 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

More here: http://nycaviation.com/2012/01/hawai...w-partnership/

Definitely most complex partnership JetBlue has done so far.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

This also adds to the rumors of Hawaiian's plan to fly to Europe eventually, using JFK as their jump-off point. People were asking "Does Hawaiian really have the vacation demand for that?" but by teaming up with JetBlue, that will feed all the Euro traffic they need.

Reaching a little here, but if successful, I'd bet Jetblue would buy-out Hawaiian, or Hawaiian would rename and re-brand.

Hawaii is unique in that you are in the middle of the Pacific, unique in many ways both natural and social and it is protected by the U.S. Navy...!! yes, EVERYONE wants to go to Hawaii
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Great to see my favorite airline expanding her wings to the east coast!
    From what I heard they will be using T5 with their new partnership with Jetblue. (Am I correct??)
    Those 330s are doing good for Hawaiian...will be sad when the 767s exit service though...

You are correct. The Hawaiian A330s will be sharing gates at T5 next to JetBlues little A320s

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    Great to see my favorite airline expanding her wings to the east coast!
    From what I heard they will be using T5 with their new partnership with Jetblue. (Am I correct??)
    Those 330s are doing good for Hawaiian...will be sad when the 767s exit service though...
    A vertical scrolling in this thread would have answered your question. ;)

Pretty exciting stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    This also adds to the rumors of Hawaiian's plan to fly to Europe eventually, using JFK as their jump-off point. People were asking "Does Hawaiian really have the vacation demand for that?" but by teaming up with JetBlue, that will feed all the Euro traffic they need.
    Two things:

1. I'd love to see them try it, but the odds of success for Hawaiian flying to London are slim given the immense competition. And if they ever planned on flying to multiple cities in Europe, the imploding EU economy should immediately shut down that idea. They'd be better off using the planes in Asia.

2. JetBlue's deal with AA covers all the cities in Europe where Hawaiian would consider flying. That doesn't necessarily rule out the ability of JetBlue to have deals with more than one airline on identical routes, but who knows.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I am sorry but there is some amusing speculation in this thread. That's all I am going to say but HAL will operate from T5, one gate, JetBlue CM's handling it. Quite exciting.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"