Thread: US Airways Paint Update!

US Airways Paint Update!

For those who are interested USAirways is down to only 2 Mainline aircraft in the 1990's Very Dark Blue Scheme. A-319 N770UW and A-321 N186US are the only two left, and should enter their paint tracks right after the Thanksgiving rush, currently sister ships N768US and N185UW are being repainted at ROW (Roswell, New Mexico). There are still various Express aircraft such as Dash 8's, CRJ's & ERJ's in the old scheme plus the entire fleet of Republic E-170 aircraft, though a few are in Republic's house colors.

In other US fleet news 6 new A-321's have delivered in less than 2 months (N543UW-N548UW) with 4 or 5 more due between now and January. On the opposite end of an aircraft's life span the west 733 retirement should be completed in the next few months, down to 5 active aircraft. Keep in mind their will still be 7 active East 733's though they are scheduled for retirement in 2012.

I hope some of you find this info interesting and or helpful.

Regards

LGA777

Thanks for the info. We still see alot of Express action in Boston with the old paint but more in the liveries of their respective carriers such as Republic, Chautaqua, Colgan and Trans States.

Thanks for the info. I believe I flew on N186US back in June on the CLT to PHX leg of my trip to RNO. And as much as it sucks to see the Boeing metal replaced by Euro junk, at least I'll be back to having a chance to see the special schemes at PVD since with only 5 east coast 737s, I think they'll be more likely to be flying the 319s into PVD like they were last winter.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Sorry Steve I can view advanced schedules thru March only 319 is the DCA one you have now that arrives after 2300 and departs at 0600. But perhaps you are right once the 300's are gone. LGA777