Thread: Anbody ever flown on Spirit?

Anbody ever flown on Spirit?

Just curious if anybody has flown on Spirit. I am thinking of heading to FLL for a few days during the winter to go spotting there and MIA and I of course am looking to save a few bucks on airfare. I had originally priced jetBlue as the cheapest at between $227 and $254 r/t out of BDL, and then saw that I can get a fare of $217 for spirit out of BOS.

Just curious as to whether or not they are worth flying on. I have heard rumors that they charge for carry-on bags. Is this true?

I'm fairly certain I'll probably fly on B6, but just interested in seeing what people have to say about Spirit.

Thanks.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Ugh, I flew on them once. I'm 6'4 and I have to say it was the most uncomfortable flights (150 seats on a A319) I've ever been on. This was before all the other fees that they have recently tacked on. They charge for everything now. Stay on jetBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunker View Post
    They charge for everything now. Stay on jetBlue.
    Agreed.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I flew on them years ago, before the fees. The fees may blow, but otherwise I had no problem with them. I actually liked them a lot.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Stay far, far away from Spirit. Like Spunker said, anyone over 6' will have issue. I had to sit on the isle seat with my legs pointing to the isle to fit, and I am only 6'2''. And this was on one of the A320's. That route would probably be an A321 with their non-reclining seats. After the mandatory bag fees, Delta usually comes out to be the same or equal price for me.