Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4s thus far.....thoughts and questions after 2+ weeks of use.

Angry Birds...that is the only app you'll ever need LOLOL

Mario download Skyview, very cool astronomy app.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Angry Birds...that is the only app you'll ever need LOLOL
    I deleted Angry Birds off my iPhone. /small voice

Well, I ordered my iPhone 4s on 10/19, and it showed up on Tuesday. Since I have a MacBook Pro, iPad2 and now the iPhone, ios and MobileMe/iCloud is for me.

After setting up MobileMe, I synched the iPhone on Itunes and all my apps from the iPad which would work on the iPhone came over--YAY... BMW also has an option called APPS which is smartphone integration. I bought the cradle for the iPhone and it doesn't work. I was able to have the iphone make a facebook post from the actual car yesterday.....

Still figuring out Siri- she got a restaurant name perfect this morning but not since.

Also I was able to get all my music from my iPod to the iPhone, so one less device I have to have in the car....

So I am loving it to date.......
    It's the fares, stupid

Galaga 30th
    TuneinRadio
    Pandora
    SoundHound
    Shazam
    Netflix
    Optimum or TimeWarner apps... FiOS?
    Live Cams
    TeamViewer
    Pilot Time
    Bump
    EmergencyRadio
    LiveATC :-)
    IMDb
    Google Earth
    Evernote !!!
    AroundME
    Where
    Yelp
    CheapGas
    DrinksFree
    PS Express

..to name a few

Got my wife's 4S the day it came out. 2 hour on line at a VZ store in Midtown. Mine? Well, I get mine through work, and we have to wait about 20 days from AT&T
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Was going to download liveatc but I am not paying for it.

I enjoy these

Radar Now
    Scanner Radio
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    got optimum
    shazam
    imdb
    cheapgas
    trapster
    evernote----I ahve not used it much. I did sign up and use Box.net. What exasctly is evernote and what can it do for me?

pandora

Got a few folders with sim type games as well as games for the kids, separated into brainless games and
    educational. (Angry birds technically is a play on physics, so it goes under educational)

Radar now sounds interesting....
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Ever note is a notepad on steroids. Use it to store any bit of information you can imagine. Synchronizes to an on-line database and then across ALL of your devices under any OS. Mac, Windows Android and iOS clients... too cool. The power is noticed when you need it. If you come across some bit of info you will need in the future, just tag it inside Evernote. Then give it metadata, and then it is stored and searchable from anywhere.
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Was going to download liveatc but I am not paying for it.

I enjoy these

Radar Now
    Scanner Radio
    Can't find Radar Now :-(
    Manny Gonzalez

Siri / Wolfram Alpha trick lets you know what is flying overhead

I'm a bit of an airliner freak, so I love looking up at the contrails of jets flying overhead and wondering where a plane might be going. I recently found out that Wolfram Alpha has the ability to tell you what airplanes are cruising around above you based on your position and its knowledge of where various airline and charter flights are located at any point in time. Since Siri has the built-in ability to work with Wolfram Alpha, I thought I'd see if I could just ask Siri to tell me about those flights overhead.
    It took a few tries and some thought about what to ask Siri, but I finally got it to work. Telling Siri to "Ask Wolfram what flights are overhead" produces the correct results. That query displays a Wolfram Alpha printout showing the flight or aircraft registration number of flights that are currently visible from where you're standing, their altitude, and the angle above the horizon. You also get information on what type of aircraft each is, how far away it is, and what direction to look, as well as a sky map showing where the planes are.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/26/siri-...ying-overhead/
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

ooTunes is another good one--you can stream a lot of ATC through that (I did JFK yesterday) to avoid having to pay more for Live ATC's app. It also lets you stream pretty much any radio station in the world, including the ones that are blocked on TuneIn.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Interesting re: Wolphram alpha.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Woldram Alpha is scary good. I used to use Mathematica waaaay back when it was first available as a program only (back in the dark ages)

ooTunes is $4.99!! ouch.. call me cheap but, I like when an app is free or when the developer gives me a coupon or pays me to get it Seriously though, unless the app is freaky good, it does not make sense for it to be more than $0.99

There are AMAZING apps that are much more functional that are completely free...
    Manny Gonzalez

instagram and loads of games of you're into it..

argh i'm in the Blackberry vs Iphone dilemma. After having a Blackberry for so long I think I am going to go back and try the new iphone. I have heared mixed reviews of both... so it kind of evens everything out!

Quote Originally Posted by benji View Post
    argh i'm in the Blackberry vs Iphone dilemma. After having a Blackberry for so long I think I am going to go back and try the new iphone. I have heared mixed reviews of both... so it kind of evens everything out!
    No it does not even out.... Blackberry isn't in the same league as iPhone or Android..its old, slow, and nobody wants them anymore.