Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idiots sneak into VCV don't get caught and publish it.

I applaud these guys!! The pics are fantastic! Its an old bone yard filled with future Coke cans, no one was hurt, nothing was taken, and the sun came up the next day....its not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas View Post
    this reminds me of a video i saw a few years ago about someone apparently jumping the fence at ADW and tagging up on the #4 cowling of a VC-25.
    That video was fake, created by fashion designer/vandalism fan Marc Ecko.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Just looked at other pics in his portfolio.

Here it is in a nutshell. I think I can safely say we all like the photos. That said, if you're the idiot that falls off that bridge, its your ass. Don't go suing the city, you deserved it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

There will always be idiots out there causing further entrenchment of the nanny-state that fear built.

If anyone can figure out how to foolproof all the things we enjoy so that access to those things is not further imperiled I'm all ears. Until then all we can do is send a message that someone was incredibly irresponsible. Is anyone here outraged enough to do that?

I agree with everything that's been stated...and I can understand Nick's pov whereby all photographic privileges can be revoked because of these people. Just like anyone else, I would absolutely love to shoot just like they did, though I doubt that I would do it without permission. Frankly, I'd rather incorporate my own photo business and make a convincing story to allow me to shoot through the night with the appropriate gear so I can light those bad boys up. Or accept the fact that I'm not allowed and deal with it.

I do give these guys a certain degree of kudos for having balls, but I take that all away except for one kudo for publicly romanticizing about it.

Food for thought, but could these guys have been granted permission to shoot from inside the fence? And because of their personality type and need for attention made up some badass story?
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    As usual you missed the point
    I noticed that about John. He ALWAYS misses the point!! Dont know how he survived this long. Sad.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Food for thought, but could these guys have been granted permission to shoot from inside the fence? And because of their personality type and need for attention made up some badass story?
    Always been notoriously hard. I have never tried but when I shot the DL A330 some photog was shooting it from the ramp came up to the fence and chatted with us. Best I can remember he said something about being their photog and it's easy to get a ramp tour but you can't publish anything you shoot. Didn't really seem appealing.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol