Thread: Using Passur on Smartphones

Using Passur on Smartphones

I have tried unsuccessfully to get Passur's live-action maps on any smartphones. I know that Passur uses Java Applets. Even after downloading Java; I was unable to see any maps. I have tried several brands including Androids. Are these maps blocked from smartphones? Is there a special app I could download on my iPhone so I could view the full Passur maps with arrivals/departures? Thanks.

I have also tried on my Android device with no success. I do not believe that mobile devices are able to use this type of Java. Would love to be able to use it though, would make spotting easier.

PlaneFinder -- End ofdiscussion

Planefinder is an amazing app and they keep adding features to it. There are free and paid versions.

Unfortunately their New York coverage is not as extensive as Passur yet.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Passur has no rival... not even Plane Finder. I have the HD version on my iPad and while it is great, you can't really replay, you have to tap on each icon to get more info etc. Definitely can use some improvements. I also wish the filters would be more extensive... such as filtering by a regi or an airline or a type of aircraft.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS