Thread: KBUF 10-14-2011 In the rain

KBUF 10-14-2011 In the rain

In Buffalo for the weekend. I had some time to kill today (probably again tomorrow, too) so I headed on over to KBUF with my girlfriends awful 7MP point and shoot. Heavy rain and crap light, but I figured why not.

It's been 20 years or so since I've been to KBUF. Were they landing / departing 23? I don't remember a vantage point like the one that you were shooting from.

Back when I went, there was an aviation themed restaurant along the runway fairly close to the tower. It was in the days before affordable DSLRs so I wasn't taking pictures - just watching traffic while listening to the scanner. I don't think the restaurant is there any more.

Yep. For the most part, they were landing / departing on 23. However, a few inbounds elected to land 32. The location I was at was a business part just under the threshold of 23, right on the other side of the thruway on Lawrence Bell Drive: http://g.co/maps/qtvgm
    I am not aware of any aviation themed restaurant, or I would be going there tonight! And oh yea, I was listening to the scanner on LiveATC :-)