Thread: NYC to RAK

NYC to RAK

Soo I'm getting way ahead of myself in posting this thread but I might have the opportunity to go to Morocco on a school/research related trip this spring.

Now, I love planes and spotting but I am scared of flying, just because I haven't flown since I was like 5 years old. Soooo I would prefer to fly on larger aircraft and airlines, as opposed to smaller ones.

I'm sure that if I go I'm going to have to fly whatever airline my college wants me to, but just for fun :) ... how would you go? Seems like at least 1 stop is inevitable since no airline flies from the US straight to RAK.

Again getting way ahead of myself here since my gut feeling for a few reasons is that I'm not going to go, but my plan would be to fly BA (747!!!!) out of JFK to Heathrow and BMI from Heathrow to Marrakech. Kinda sorta more expensive than a stop in Madrid or Casablanca on Iberia or Royal Air Maroc, but none of that regional jet garbage that way (kidding!!!)... and besides, I want to fly on a 747.
    Last edited by sammers4247; 2011-10-10 at 02:26 PM.

I would do Singapore 25 to Frankfurt and then anything to Marrakesh Singapore 747 is also on its last few months of service since it is to be replaced by an A380... Other choices would be Lufhansa 747 out of EWR or Air France from JFK but the 747 is only a rare replacement for the 777 regular.

Other choice is KLM 642 from JFK to Amsterdam and then anything to Marrakesh from AMS...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

All the fun is in the planning! All sound fun, especially a RAM connection in Casablanca!! I'd avoid Air France and connecting at CDG. KL or BA sounds good!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Manny - Singapore 747 will be gone by the time April rolls around, no? And I will absolutely not give my boyfriend the satisfaction of having my first long flight be on an Airbus. LOL (And if I go he's coming along and getting a free trip to Africa!)

You're right RDU-JFK it is fun planning, even if I'm not necessarily going :)

I am seriously heeby jeeby about flying for NO reason at all other than inexperience and need to just get over it already. But the thought of this trip just sounds sooo cool especially since my half would be paid for by school. Just have to figure out how to 1) suck it up and 2) get them to pay BA prices..