Thread: My Wife on ABC News.com, and Tapes Dr. Oz tomorrow

My Wife on ABC News.com, and Tapes Dr. Oz tomorrow

My lovely wife JoAnn was featured in a discussion of breast density and the risks of relying solely on mammograms if you have dense breasts....for all of my friends please make the women in your lives aware of this--it could save countless lives.

Tomorrow, JoAnn will be taping an episode of Dr. Oz, I will post air time when we find out.

Here's a link to the ABC News Video, and there is a written piece which accompanies it:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/video/b...actor-14672759
    It's the fares, stupid

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Awesome Art. PM me the air time once you know as I'd also like ot share it on my fb
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I am sad to report that the governor of California has VETOED the breast density disclosure bill...apparently it is ok to pay for illegal aliens to go to college but it is not ok to give women vital information which could lead to earlier detection of breast cancer. UNbelievable.
    It's the fares, stupid

Art, I'm sorry to hear that. Why would he veto such a bill? I wonder what lobbyist is waist-high up his behind.

I guess from here it's just pushing people to be aware to go out of their way to pressure their own doctors to disclose?

Any word on the Dr. Oz air date?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Art, I'm sorry to hear that. Why would he veto such a bill? I wonder what lobbyist is waist-high up his behind.

I guess from here it's just pushing people to be aware to go out of their way to pressure their own doctors to disclose?

Any word on the Dr. Oz air date?
    Jerry Brown is basically Harry Reid on steroids and probably the most professional politician in this country. Even though I was not totally surprised I was a little shocked he did that. Remember though that the man knows he is guaranteed two terms and will just do what the money tells him to do. The Dream act he signed was a no brainer, the hispanic vote is critical to him. Sorry Art it's sad a state like CA feels money is more important than women's health.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

His "reasoning" was that giving this information to women would create too much anxiety--echoing the position of the lobbyists from the California Medical Association.
    This is a story of David and Goliath--sick women up against lobbyists with deep pockets...
    No word on Dr. Oz yet but will advise--and we now have a Federal Bill too-plus JoAnn is testifying at the FDA in November for a revision to the Mammography Quality Standards Act.....
    Nick, can you get us a cosponsor for HR3102?

Thanks guys.
    It's the fares, stupid

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Israel and Ackerman have signed on. I don't see this bill having much problem. I know people that are very close to King. Let me see if they can find out how he feels but this is a no brainer. I mean shouldn't doctors be advising their patients about this anyway? Again shows how Bad Brown is. Any thing that gives more information should be embraced. Especially something like this. I am surprised actresses that have went through this aren't flaming Brown. Like Christina Applegate.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Folks,

Tonight Channel 2 11PM news--JoAnn's interview with CBS2 is the featured breast cancer story tonight---its on right after the weather. Please tune in!!!
    It's the fares, stupid

Here is JoAnn's segment from CBS2 News the other night.....I urge you all to make sure the women in your life get the proper screening, and that they ASK about density during their mammograms....JoAnn's site is being INUNDATED with women in NY and elsewhere saying ME TOO!! Keep your women safe and healthy.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/63...reast-density/
    It's the fares, stupid

JoAnn appeared on Dr. Oz yesterday-- here's a link to the brief visit..... http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/whats...ncer-risk-pt-3

She appears a minute or so in.......I am so proud of her!!
    It's the fares, stupid

Well done JoAnn. It's such an important topic, I know this is an aviation form... but well done for raising the issue - Art at ISP