Thread: Boulders Beach, Cape Town SA: Penguins!

Program Coordinator

Boulders Beach, Cape Town SA: Penguins!

Boulders Beach, part of Table Mountain National park, is home to one of only two colonies of African Penguins on the mainland. They are pretty adorable, though signs placed everywhere strongly encourage you not to touch them as they bite. I briefly considered starting the worlds only African Penguin colony in a certain apartment in Seattle. I figure I could fit 'x' number of penguins into a Honda Jazz and then ship it to Seattle...it just got too complicated.

So how many penguins can fit in a Honda Jazz? Very nice work, Jeremy!

These are great Jeremy. Keep em coming...

Program Coordinator
    So how many penguins can fit in a Honda Jazz?
    Well Moose, that’s a great question. One that I am glad you asked. But unfortunately my friend, I do not know for sure. While I remain confident that my plan and planning were both airtight, my estimates (three-four dozen) disagreed with those of my wife (absolutely zero). We were unable to reconcile our math and regrettably the project was abandoned due to lack of investor support (zero also being the level of support she was willing to give to this wonderful venture). There were also some legal and ethical questions which remain resolved in my head but unresolved in international courts.
    I am disappointed, for sure, but dreamers have to dream Moose. And in my dream I own an apartment in Seattle with three to four dozen African penguins destroying our wall to wall carpeting and running up an astronomical electric bill - thanks to leaving the freezer open 24/7 - all while I charge a jaw-droppingly epic admission fee.

It’s a wonderful dream.