Thread: Posting from Flickr

Posting from Flickr

Apologies if there was an existing thread on this, but I wasn't able to find it. Flickr changed the way photos are "linkable", which means it isn't possible to post a photo in a thread here (or some other forum), but only the actual link will show. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this yet? I could get a photobucket account, but I'm already paying for Flickr and don't feel like maintaining and paying for two hosts. I know in the free accounts at Photobucket you run out of bandwidth in a big hurry.
    Thanks for any tips!
    -George Widener-
    Winglet Photography
    My Photos on Flickr

[_URL="flickr photo page url"][_IMG]photo location[/IMG ][/URL_]

(Remove the underscores)

EDIT: The Forum software actually makes it easier than that I just realized.

Click on the icon, paste in your image location.

Click on the image in the post (I didn't realize they "magically" appear) and click the URL icon and enter URL to the Flickr image page.
    Last edited by Ychocky; 2011-09-21 at 10:52 AM.

I don't seem to be able to get any of those options to work.

The link is good but no image is appearing here.
    Last edited by Winglet Photography; 2011-09-21 at 12:11 PM.
    -George Widener-
    Winglet Photography
    My Photos on Flickr

make sure its' the actual image location and not the hyperlink to the page it is on...open the picture in flickr at the resolution you'll want (the new forum coding will resize it anyway, or at least thats what it seems like these days)...and right click on the image, copy image location and then paste it with the picture paster icon that ychocky posted above...should have no problem with it. If you're in internet explorer i think when you right click on the image you'll have to go into image properties and you'll find the link there. There may be another way now, but that's how i've always done it
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

still testing...move along nothing to see here. lol

Ok got it to work in IE. I normally use Chrome...but at least this is a start. Thanks everyone for the assist!
    Last edited by Winglet Photography; 2011-09-21 at 07:47 PM.
    -George Widener-
    Winglet Photography
    My Photos on Flickr