Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not In and OUt but.....

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    OK, what about best burger closest to the airport... In-n-Out in LAX is the winner ok, but here in NYC, the Jackson Hole Wyoming burgers are absolutely [the] best... forget all others. Not only do I know the owners, I know the butcher that exclusively mixes the meat for their burgers and it is a special mix of lean and fat meat... well, it is amazing... One right down the street from LGA.
    Think I know where I'm eating next time I"m in the area. Do they have a place to eat outside?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    http://peterhuoppi.wordpress.com/201...rger-showdown/

Gotta tell you, for good burgers out here, All American is the one to beat.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

actually..screw all of the above...white manna owns.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

What? No one mentions Big Mac? Come on, that's got to be the best
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Think I know where I'm eating next time I"m in the area. Do they have a place to eat outside?
    Steve, unfortunately, not [that] close to the action, and wrong angle The ONLY thing you may see is a RWY 4 arrival through trees and far away... But they do have outdoor tables
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Hey Mario in Huntington or it may be Centerport is that place right off of 25A. Every time I drive by it's mobbed I hear it's awesome. You ever try it?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

There is a Jakes Wayback here in Long Beach in the west end 4 blocks from my house. Went there one afternoon a week ago, absolutely fantastic food. The shakes arent bad either. Kind of has a sawdust joint feel to it minus the sawdust, flat screens, and they serve everything in pie tins.... Just what my cardiologist wants to hear. LMAO
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

r u talkin bout the shack?
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

You guys really need a Whataburger up there!

IN-N-Out by a landslide, double/double animal style for me, w/fries and a strawberry shake !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    r u talkin bout the shack?

Yep you ever eat there? When I worked in Huntington 10 years ago it was on the Cold Spring side and I never made it that east. Now I drive past there couple times a week and it's always mobbed.
    You guys really need a Whataburger up there!
    They have a sick chicken biscuit sandwich!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Yeah, Nick, I think its The Shack. It's alright.

Finally did Jake's wayback, BTW. BEtter than Five Guys, IMHO. Honestly, could be the pairing of the double cheeseburger with a milkshake....

But, In and OUt is still a tough one to beat. Perhaps its the infusion of Jet A that makes the difference.

Oh, Also heard thath te BK California Whopper kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Five Guys is just way too expensive for me... I mean burger and fries with drink for $14 bucks in Manhattan? WOW! But, they have good tasting burger. Never had the Wayback burger and CheBurgerCheBurger is also very good (Palisades Mall, Nyack)
    A few comments to add. The CheBurgerCheBurger in the Palisades Mall is gone, their is now a Popeyes where they used to be. I have eaten in the one at T5 at JFK around 5 times. The 1st 2 or 3 it was great, but once the newness wore off for me not that special at least for me.

The other day I tried Pop Burger, they have 2 or 3 locations in Manhattan and I saw them on a burger show on I think the travel channel. Their main burger is actually 2 sliders, it was very good but at $9.35 plus $4.75 for regular fries I didn't think it was worth what I spent, glad I tried them but not sure if I would return. ShakeShak seemed like a better value and burger and they continue to be my local favorite.

http://www.popburger.com/

But then I had a big surprise yesterday. Wendy's has just unveiled their new Burger product I guess to compete with 5 Guys, In & Out and the likes, it is called "Dave's Hot & Juicy" and I was actually really impressed. By the far the most delicious Wendy's Burger I have ever tasted and even though I have always liked Wendy's this was the best anything I ever ate their.

So if your a Burger fan or a Wendy's fan or both go give one a try, I think Wendy's just launched a Winner.

Cheers

LGA777
    Last edited by LGA777; 2011-10-08 at 10:27 AM.