Thread: Anybody been to the Fantasy of Flight?

Anybody been to the Fantasy of Flight?

I am curious if anybody has ever been to the Fantasy of Flight in Polk, Fla. In the summer of 2012 I am taking my kids to Florida to go to Disneyworld and all that happy family stuff. While looking for things to do besides the usual stuff, I found the Fantasy of Flight which hails itself as having the worlds greatest collection of aircraft.

I plan on making it a point to stop in and visit the museum and book myself one of the scenic bi-plane rides ther offer. If anybody has visited this facility I would love some feedback.

Thanks.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Many many many times.... Well worth the visit every time. They have an amazing collection, they also have WWII flight simulators partial motion where you fly against the other people there, they have a Bell 47 simulator (wiped hard in that in front of a crowd trying to hover) and all sorts of stuff. It has been at least a year since last visit but they had a Connie there in LH colors. Kermit Weeks, the owner flies a display pretty much every day around 11AM and picks someone from the crowd to ride along. Great place and the resteraunt connected to it is fantastic as well. Go and enjoy. Plan to spend about 5 to 6 hours.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Steve, my cousins took me there a long time ago areound the time they opened (I think it was 1996 or 97) and it was terrific. Also great food at the diner next door (not sure if it is owned by them or not) By now they should have a terrific collection but at the time, my favorite was the Short Brother's flying boat.. wow!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Thanks for the info guys. I'm thinking that I'm going to make reservations to take the kids up on a bi-plane ride while we're there. In my mind will be well worth the 70 bucks a person to see the look on their faces to ride in something that was built 60-70 years before they were born.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

while you're at it, want to take me? =P
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    while you're at it, want to take me? =P
    Haha....I'll make you a deal. I bring you to Fantasy of Flight and up in the bi-plane if you fly us to Florida
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

no problem, just pay for the boss and the airplane...I'll comp you my time =)
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Definitely one of the nicer museums I have been to. A bit pricey, but the aircraft are in outstanding condition for the most part, both cosmetically and otherwise. Last I knew, it was run or owned by Kermit Weeks. The rumor was he was bidding on the last airworthy Comet airliner, Canopus, but TPTB preferred it remain in the UK.
    "Keep 'em Flying"