Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UN week is coming!

What day do you guys think is the best to go? Unfortunately I can't make it out on the 19th for the Prez because that's a Monday. :( But would like to see some other notables and may be able to work a weekday around it. Been a while since I've been out.

I think the weekend is going to be the days of choice if Monday is not doable. I will definitely be out since I'm vacation next week. Image that.........me planning my vacation around UN week!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

This year I will be out on Sunday...possibly Monday for POTUS arrival.

Is Saturday or Sunday generally the better day? I can only make it out for one of the two, and I'd like to get out when there will be the largest variety of traffic, and the most people!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Tis, I will be out Sunday-Sunday give or take all days... will have to miss Saturday.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I'm guessing Mr. Gaddafi won't be bringing his tent?

I am hoping to start this Friday and finish up next Sunday
    Mark
    Queens, NY

Its that time of fall for annual UN meet at Kennedy. Will be there Sunday.
    Raj

KAC009 (Kuwaiti Gov't) is headed into KSWF - arrival time ????, but judging from distance it looks to be about a 15:00-17:00 arrival into KSWF. Plus numerous biz due into HPN/TEB from Europe (but that could be the usual weekend inbounds from EU).

Jeff
    Chicago

Additionally, KAC003 is inbound from LSGG - Geneva, Switzerland - into KJFK, about 30 minutes ahead of KAC009 (which is headed into SWF) - so arrival into JFK is about 14:30-16:00ish. He is tracking alongside the Virgin A340-600 and Austrian B777, so when you see those - KAC003 should be near. Since KAC003 is headed to JFK - this could be the 747-400 or A310??? Not sure if the Kuwaiti Gov't uses "fixed call signs" like some of the other Gulf-regions countries.

Jeff Gebhardt
    Chicago

FlightAware has that Kuwaiti (an A319) estimated to arrive at SWF at 2:20pm. They also show another Kuwaiti A310 arriving at JFK around 1:45pm and repositioning to SWF later this afternoon as well.

ETA...looks like I was writing as you posted that second update.

Quote Originally Posted by CX777 View Post
    Its that time of fall for annual UN meet at Kennedy. Will be there Sunday.
    Raj
    HEY RAJ!

I have a trade show Saturday, so if I don't die, I will make it out Sunday too! Art should be around too. Miss you big time.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

This would be a good time to introduce myself to you all, since this thread is very popular this time of year!! My name is Jeff Gebhardt and I work for American Airlines in the Ramp Operations Control Tower at O'Hare.

Although I'm not a photog (just the souveneir "Sure Shot" snaps) I am a spotter. I do "numbers" - registrations. I collect airliners from EMB-120 to A380 size and biz-jets and also military serials, although I don't get crazy with the MIL serials - just what I am able to get at open houses and air shows, etc. I have been all over the world spotting...LHR (too many times to remember) FRA...AMS....CDG...ZRH.....BRU....Sao Paulo, Rio, Hong Kong (old Kai Tak twice), Shangai, Beijing, Taipei, Tokyo and more.

I may be out your way this next week - SEPT 20-22 - flying into HPN on Chatauqua, staying up by SWF and driving around doing the airfields...SWF...HPN....TEB...EWR...JFK...and FRG (as I understand from reading past years' threads that some stuff repos to FRG), So I may see some of you around "campus" next week.

We, in Chicago, will get SOME (but, by no means all) of the stuff you all see, next year in May, when Obama hosts the G8 AND NATO Summit in the same week. Should be pretty interesting around Chicago that week.

So that is all folks, just a quick intro to you all. I will be monitoring Flightaware and Flight Explorer from both home and work the next few days and will post movements/due-in/filed flight plans, etc as I come across them.

Jeff Gebhardt
    Chicago
    AA ORD OPS TOWER

Thanks for the info. Kuwait 003 A310-300 came on 31R around 2pm. A sweet catch.
    Last edited by Zee71; 2011-09-16 at 06:58 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

And so it begins...

Welcome to NYCA, Jeff, and thanks for the heads up!