Thread: BB Playbook

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

BB Playbook

i'm now seriously looking at getting myself a blackberry playbook. if anyone out there uses it i'd like to know what you think of it. i'm a die-hard blackberry user and am not interested in the ipad or toshiba or android tablets at all. i like the size of it as compared to other tabs, i like that it's internet is provided by my phone, a service that is reliable as can be with only one dead spot on my daily commute.

bottom line i'm interested in the details that will make using it on a daily basis either flawless or annoying to the point i want to use it as a target next time i'm on the range. i know that apps are somewhat limited at the moment but for now i really only see myself using it for internet on the go, getting around with google maps and email. in terms of flight planning i used software that is only available for the computer.

tell me what you think... i truly want to know everything.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

It appears the same amount of people who responded to this thread also bought the Playbook ;) LOLOLOL We'll be saying RIP to RIM soon :) Get an iPad!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    It appears the same amount of people who responded to this thread also bought the Playbook ;) LOLOLOL We'll be saying RIP to RIM soon :) Get an iPad!
    ha ha... NO. don't be such an apple bully... =P
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I'm sure the Playbook is a fine device, but the key to any useful tablet or smartphone is apps, and BB's app shortage is never going to improve. If you don't want to go Apple, try some Android action.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

i just made the switch from BB (had em for 4 years and loved them all) to an HTC Thunderbolt (Android) from Verizon...granted its not a tablet, i have no idea why i didn't make the switch sooner....it really is night and day. I don't know much about it, but if its any bit as badass as the phones, go for anything Android...you can't go wrong.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

I do a lot of R&D for our company on Mobile and related and after living with a Playbook for 24 hours, I almost shot myself. If you've never had an iPad, then you may be OK with one. Don't forget that you must have a Blackberry to do corporate E-mail (RIM is planning to change that, but...)

Then you should consider the available apps for it. Developers will gravitate to more popular platforms.,, in my opinion, hard to beat iPad and second, Android OS tablets. iOS is much more polished than the competition in my opinion.

As a final blow, I was in the beta program... I asked for support of Wi-Fi 802.1x TTLS/PAP and they literally ignored me. Well, even if I liked the device, if it could not connect to our corporate network, it was a no go just based on that.

Did they ever come out with Citrix Receiver for it? Another app we must have to support our hosted app farm. Well, maybe as a personal device with support for Flash, it would be an option to consider over iPad.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

BTW, the rumor is that Google may buy RIM, that would be a seriously interesting move. But, I think if RIM has no patents worth buying, Google may just let it die.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS