Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steel Wool Photography

The video of Johns first shot was great because I was more excited than he was... It was the first time I had done it at dusk and the awesome blue in the sky was much better than I had hoped. For those who got in contact with me, it looks like we will be meeting at 7PM at Farmingdale for a side of aviation where we will be shooting this

and then a 15 minute ride to Sayville/Bayport area for some Steel Wool photography. If we are going out, we should have some aviation related stuff.

I figure KFRG from 7pm to around 9PM or so
    then beach after.....sound good?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Sound good???.....Sounds Great!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Fred, I was still in shock, not knowing how what I just saw was going to come out, hence my lack of "excitement."
    It's all good, looking forward to shooting the T-28 tomorrow. Can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about that plane I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    ...looking forward to shooting the T-28 tomorrow. Can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about that plane I really like.
    I agree 100% John. There is just something about her.... Also, I am looking forward to my first nighttime aviation shoot.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

It is the Name, Trojan just sounds Man-ly, and it makes us think about condoms and thus sex however it is not ribbed for her pleasure....THANK GOD!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Hope to join you guys though once we start the steel wool my car will be parked at minimum 300 yards away.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

SHHHH NICK! I do not want to scare anyone!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    awesome Fred! Very cool. You have me tossing around a new idea....

Anyway, got your call last week, was putting the kiddies in bed....exhausting!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Was definitely a fun night. What Fred failed to mention though, was when you are spinning the strap that tightly, you are subject to a nasty blister on your finger, where the strap is rubbing. I'll post a few of my shots over the weekend, work first, process later.
    I had no problems until my last swing last night when the cord got the best of me. One good swing is all it took.

No biggie but fun to look at! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I had no problems until my last swing last night when the cord got the best of me. One good swing is all it took.

Damn!

I really wish I didn't have to miss out on that last night Fred. But the later it got the more I WASNT looking forward to my 3 hour drive home. Definitely a HUGE thanks for making the night shoot of the L-39 possible as it was an awesome experience. Definitely looking forward to diving into the photos tonight after work.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post

Yet another Steel Wool Photography related injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    Very well done Ken

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    Yet another Steel Wool Photography related injury.
    You should have seen the look on my son's face when he had seen this on the way home...wanted to know why I was not crying. I told him I was....ON THE INSIDE and cracked a really big smile. What a great night!

I went down to the little lake in my apartment complex to take a few photos with my son and came up with these

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Bowing to Fred.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol