Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tues Aug 9th (Korean A380 arrival)

The demand is SO HIGH and the resources so little, it did not matter if it were a one lane rickety bridge, you could not boycott it either. SOMEONE will take it, at any price and condition. That's the sad part. There is no competition so it can be as high as you like.

The VZ, think about it... your choice is to fight the traffic on the Gowanus, then the BQE to the Manhattan Bridge, Canal St. to the Holland Tunnel (oh what fun) then loop all the way around the harbor to Elizabeth, past EWR (well that part is worth it) and then head down to where you would end up by taking the shortcut VZ to Outerbridge crossing. I know [I] put lots of value on that $13 if I had to make that choice.

Alfred Marshall would use it today as the best example of supply and demand ;-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    The demand is SO HIGH and the resources so little, it did not matter if it were a one lane rickety bridge, you could not boycott it either. SOMEONE will take it, at any price and condition. That's the sad part. There is no competition so it can be as high as you like.

The VZ, think about it... your choice is to fight the traffic on the Gowanus, then the BQE to the Manhattan Bridge, Canal St. to the Holland Tunnel (oh what fun) then loop all the way around the harbor to Elizabeth, past EWR (well that part is worth it) and then head down to where you would end up by taking the shortcut VZ to Outerbridge crossing. I know [I] put lots of value on that $13 if I had to make that choice.

Alfred Marshall would use it today as the best example of supply and demand ;-)
    Supply and demand...no one WANTS to go to NJ, which is why you'll never pay a toll to ENTER the state. I live here, and I endorse this message.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    Supply and demand...no one WANTS to go to NJ, which is why you'll never pay a toll to ENTER the state. I live here, and I endorse this message.
    In the case of the Verrazano you are paying $13 to get into Jersey. If I had to bet I would say that most people using it don't have Staten Island as their final destination and are heading on to the Goethals or the Outerbridge.

What time is this bird due in? Actually don't think I've ever seen Korean Air come in (maybe once while at Burger King?).

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    Jersey Rocks !!! whats a matter for you???
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by sammers4247 View Post
    What time is this bird due in? Actually don't think I've ever seen Korean Air come in (maybe once while at Burger King?).
    I believe its scheduled for an 11:55am arrival. I'm actually hoping that she gets in earlier than that. Then she departs at 2:00.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thank you Steve for nudging this back on topic...
    It's the fares, stupid

Unfortunately, I won't be to able to join some of you. I'll be away on another work related trip (3 down and about 4 or 5 more trips to go). I'm sure it will be sweet to see this big blue whale, can't wait to catch it when I return.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Unfortunately, I won't be to able to join some of you. I'll be away on another work related trip (3 down and about 4 or 5 more trips to go). I'm sure it will be sweet to see this big blue whale, can't wait to catch it when I return.
    Sorry to hear that you can't join us. Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze in some spotting while away on your trip.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

The big Blue whale is on its way. ETA 11:58
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Good shooting, guys. I'm still in Pennsylvania, probably won't get home until Wednesday.

Unfortunately, my ineptitude in taking photographs is only matched by ineptitude in figuring out which runway any particular aircraft might be arriving on. I was really hoping to get a spare hour or two to at least capture a blurry pic of KAL's A380 coming in today.

Any predictions as to which runway KE 81 will be arriving on? I understand this varies with weather conditions as well as the whims and moods of the powers that be at JFK, so if someone has the means and the ability to decipher the scanner traffic, would they be so kind as to post here what runway will be used as the big blue beast approaches? Thank you so much in advance.

I am planning to sneak away for a few minutes and park myself somewhere in New Hyde Park or Westbury. As this was also my plan with the Lufthansa A-380 inaugural, you can count on it being any runway but 22L.

I am hoping for 31 L
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Right now they're using 4R for arrivals.. she'll be in in under 20 minutes.

Lrusso and I decided to skip this one. We'll be out for the first 748 for sure.