Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK 7/30/11

Nice meeting you yesterday Steve and Mark, always great to meet the people behind the posts.

I'll post the few that I took once I get back to Jersey(and PS out the huge dust particle that landed on my sensor halfway through the shoot). Steve maybe I'll see you around PHL sometime

Quote Originally Posted by heeshung View Post
    Agh, I should have stayed if I knew they were switching to 4's. Oh wells.
    They always change runways. The last two time i've been out spotting I heard this statement. "they have been on 31's all day, i don't think their going to change" Just remember when you go out in the afternoon they most likely will change runways when the 5 o clock hour comes. Yesterday was actually kinda early, around 4:20
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Generally speaking on good wx days what will happen is 31's till about 0730 0745 than ideally the 22's w 13L arrival releif or 4's with 31LKK departure releif and maintain that config through till 1600. From 1600 onward the best config is always 22's w 31LKK for RBV fixes. That is due to the need to balance the high departure demand and the straggler euro inbounds.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"