Thread: Possible Trip to Vietnam in Feb

Possible Trip to Vietnam in Feb

I am considering taking a trip to Vietnam in Feb and looking at airfares they start in the 1300 range, which is what I figured, I am leaning towards Cathay Pacific (best times,), Singapore, or Asiana,

CX would be non-stop to HKG(B773) then DragonAir(A320) to HAN, and CX (A330) SGN-HKG & 773 to JFK.

SIA would be JFK-FRA-SIN (B744) then SIN-HAN (B772) SGN-SIN(B772) SIN-FRA-JFK (B747)

Asiana would be B777, B767, A330, B777

any opions??
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I'd say it depends on your FF loyalties first; then convenience. CX sounds the easiest, as does Asiana in terms of connections. Connecting in ICN is a cinch. My brother lives in Seoul and he went to Hanoi earlier this year. Said it was quite interesting.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

go with CX. Allot less stressful with only one transfer in Hong Kong, and Dragon Air is not bad a. Only 2.5 hours on the connecting flight vs a 5 hour flight form Korea. I flew with them to Hanoi from HK back in Dec. Just keep your valuables close, especially in Saigon. An A321 with a sandwich for the flight. Not to bad.

CX has nicer service then Asiana

Last edited by shoturtle; 2011-08-02 at 05:55 PM.

the trip changed a bit but I am booked on CX JFK-HKG-SGN. then BKK-HKG-JFK, planes are 773,A340, A330, B773

Leaving Thurs 2/9 on CX 841-CX 765
    Back 2/21-22 CX 702 - CX 888
    full trip reports to follow
    Last edited by Ari707; 2012-02-07 at 05:10 PM.

Checked in for my flights at jfk, about to walk away from the counter, agent calls me back takes my boarding pass, and hands me a business class boarding pass, I said really he said just take it and go, so I did, I am writting this from the British Airways lounge at JFK, perfect fligth to be upgraded for 16 hrs to HKG.

Sitting in HKG now to foggy to take pictures but have to say CX business class was wonderful, flight really didn't feel like 16 hours maybe only 12....
    Last edited by Ari707; 2012-02-10 at 03:25 AM.