Thread: KROC 7/16 - Rochester Airshow 2011

KROC 7/16 - Rochester Airshow 2011

Hi guys, I don't post very often, but I had the opportunity to attend this past weekend's airshow at ROC and thought that I would share some of my pictures.

It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from the Albany area to ROC so my six year old son and I headed out Friday after work and stayed in a hotel so that we could get to the show as the gates opened.

Here are some of the acts from early in the show

We had purchased the preferred seating so we got to watch the Blue Angels perform the pre-show routine.

Blue Angel #2 up close

Lighting conditions got worse as the show progressed. The show was conducted over rwy 4-22 and the seating area was to the SE of the runway. By the time the blues flew, much of their show was back-lit.

Number 1 pitches up to land

Taxiing in after the demonstration

As always, the blues did a great show. I don't know that I'll be back to ROC in the future though - it's a long drive and I wasn't too happy with the back lit conditions.
    In the future, I'll have to look for a different airshow to get in my airshow fix.

Thanks for looking,
    Dan

Dan, looks like you had a great day to watch the show! Just a bumemr that the show became backlit as the day went on. It seems more and more shows are being held at facilities where the best performances of the day have the sun behind them.

Anyway....Great photos! Love the P51 and A-10 shot!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thank you for sharing.. Great stuff !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY