Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derf's EPIC 2011 Party Thread

Derf's EPIC 2011 Party Thread

This thread is about the party that members have signed up for in this thread
    Derf's Epic Post
    Unfortunately no late entry's are allowed...sorry

The party will take place at an undisclosed location to keep people from just dropping in. It will be days of non stop, unexpected, thrill seeking joy to the aviation enthusiasts.

Being that this party will take place around lots of jetfuel, there are lots of rules.
    1. You do not make up the story. You may comment on any photos and the background behind it. You can all comment on each others photos with the background story to the photos. You can not talk about what happens next.
    (this will take a long time as it will involve lots of photoshop work)

2. You were sent a cameraphone to have people take pictures of you and to take pictures of each other for posting on the forum but since I am covering the bill for all of this, Only I choose what pictures are posted.

3. Please be ontime for all event.

Day 1 Begins All are requested to arrive

Moose and I playing with a little off camera flash

(I just took it around the pattern waiting for everyone to arrive)

Tommy was having some fun and had is partner in the back seat...after his approach, his new nickname was 2 bags

(Tom still had some suds on him from the Hangar foam incident....but that should have its own threat in itself!)

Manny, Just as cool as a ride can be. His short trip from Jersey, to Maine, to FortWorth TX, to Dulles and back to JFK. When I said I was paying for gas, I did not realized he wanted to sit in an ejection seat that long!

John wanted to play with Alfa Floor and got fed first class meals from KISP to KJFK

It was a nice 15 minutes

Issac decided to stop off at Nellis for a few touch and goes and finished his round robin with a stop at Phoenix for some Chili, Oceania just to do a low flyby (showoff!) and then back to JFK.

Tim got pissed off when his Sherpa's #1 would not start up. (A&P will be there by the morning with the parts for the APU and #1 before our first jump...HANG IN THERE TIM)

OH KENNY, GIVE IT A REST already!

OK, all I can say is K!icka$$

I do not usually judge, but did you really have to show up Lee Majors???

Unfortunately, there was not enough left of the Great Lakes for a good picture.... Thank got I got Allstate for Mayhem like you!

This was before the flight

This Starfighter has the solid rocket booster with the OMS system and his smile was much bigger after the 107,034 foot zoom flight.

Phil did not get as high as Moose

But looked cooler doing it... NAVY always looks better doing it!

Ken wanted 1/2 of a Tomcat! WHY KEN WHY!!!

We will not talk about why he is smiling so much here..... Really, Lets not go there!

After hitting the Goose, He had to buy first round after landing.

We also made him wear the hat tomorrow!!! ahahahah that was some funny Sh!t right there!!!

Just because you got cut off on final by Phil's Girlfriend does not mean you have to be bitter. Let it go

Lets talk busting 250kts under 10,000 feet!!! We are not starting the party until tomorrow!

Bill found out what we were doing tomorrow!

After cracking the wingspar from doing 13G's, He looks like he is still ready to go kick some a$$. Easy big guy...EASY!

Everyone knows some girls are high maintenance, this one required her own air conditioner, two tankers and a passport!

During the week there will be many photos but it will probably take me a month to post all the good times we are about to have. Please, everyone be safe and look out for each other.
    Last edited by Derf; 2011-07-15 at 10:28 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

LOL! That's a lot of work!

Very cool Freddy!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

LMAO!!! Awesome Fred!!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Fred, that's insane lmao!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Thanks guys...but the thread has not even started yet!!!! I am just getting started

Updates will be very slow but Tim got the Sherpa up and running and he was heard over the PA yelling "PLEASE FIND YOUR JUMP BUDDY" and though this picture was cute!

Here is a shot of Bill who was a little excited about jumping. He did not hesitate and was out the door as soon as Tim said "OK GUYS" boom, Bill was out!

NOW THIS IS JUST WRONG.... why the hell did we jump out of a SHERPA! Tim at the controls keeping it rock steady (JOKING) for us to jump out....

I can not wait to post more pictures of this morning!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

F-ing EPIC Fred!

Program Coordinator
    HAHA!!
    Epic...and some of those shops are just unreal!

When Ken showed up this morning, it looked like a truck hit him! I am sorry I went to bed early and wish I knew the story on what happened! Here is a picture I took before getting my ass handed to me for using a flash while he was hung over

Fred, this is just classic stuff. Brilliant! As one who been using PS for 11 years now, I can appreciate this effort. It ain't easy...a lot of time consuming hard work. Bravo man!

ROTFL... superb... brilliant. Now I know where Phil's FB update came from ... classic
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

You're too much, Fred, too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Everyone knows some girls are high maintenance, this one required her own air conditioner, two tankers and a passport!
    Wow, she is so going to kick your butt when she gets to NY...

Fred, this stuff is just terrific! Can't wait to see where the rest of this journey takes us!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    When Ken showed up this morning, it looked like a truck hit him! I am sorry I went to bed early and wish I knew the story on what happened! Here is a picture I took before getting my ass handed to me for using a flash while he was hung over

Fred, what you missed was the US Women's table tennis team drank Kenny under the table. Then as you can see here in the morning, they felt fine. Kenny on the other hand....

Table Tennis team huh... They are smoking hot! I think I need to shoot more sports photography!

Here is Issac showing off

Kenny screwing around again!!!

Me trying to act like a Bada$$!!!